Duchess Kate Giving Birth: Lavish Details Inside Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital
- Photo: James Whatling/Splash News1 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 17
- Photo: Michael Dunlea/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 17
- Photo: Eddie Mulholland/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA5 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: AP Images/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: PAUL HACKETT/Reuters11 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA13 of 17
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA14 of 17
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA15 of 17
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex/Rex USA16 of 17
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Giving birth should be a teensy bit less stressful for Kate Middleton inside the historic, luxurious Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital. Checking into the Paddington, London facility early Monday with Prince William at her side, the Duchess of Cambridge is giving birth in the same location that her late mother-in-law, Princess Diana, delivered Princes William and Harry; Prince Charles' sister, Princess Anne, also gave birth to children Peter and Zara Phillips inside Lindo, among other British royals.
And, as reported in the Daily Mail and other outlets, the Lindo Wing is more lavish than ever in 2013, after undergoing a major renovation last year. Boasting not just the "highest quality of care" for all pregnancies, the wing features individual birthing rooms and a birthing pool, and each room features satellite TV, radio and Internet access, daily newspaper deliveries and a safe.
Middleton and Prince William, both 31, plus their guests will also enjoy a devoted catering staff -- which offers, among other things, a complete wine list (including champagne for the celebratory moments). The Daily Mail reports that the per-diem cost for delivery in a private suite totals up to over $9,000 in U.S. currency.
The late Princess Diana returned to St. Mary's for a tour its new pediatric intensive care unit back in April 1997, just four months before her death.
As it happens, Middleton entered the facility via the Mary Stanford entrance -- the same entrance that Princess Diana use when William was born back in 1982.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCause of Death
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite