Duchess Kate Giving Birth: Lavish Details Inside Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital
- Photo: James Whatling/Splash News1 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 17
- Photo: Michael Dunlea/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 17
- Photo: Eddie Mulholland/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA5 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: AP Images/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: PAUL HACKETT/Reuters11 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA13 of 17
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA14 of 17
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA15 of 17
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex/Rex USA16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Inside the Resurrection of Religious TVMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 4:01:00 AM
- 5 Crazy Things That Happened on the 'Scandal' Season 3 FinaleMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:47:00 AM
- 'Fading Gigolo' Review: Woody Allen Pimps It Up With John Turturro in SurprisinglyMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 11:11:00 PM
- Survivor's L.J.: "I Was Completely Shocked" by Tony's BetrayalMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Scandal: Who Didn't Survive the Season Finale?MSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 8:22:00 PM
- Inside the Resurrection of Religious TV
Giving birth should be a teensy bit less stressful for Kate Middleton inside the historic, luxurious Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital. Checking into the Paddington, London facility early Monday with Prince William at her side, the Duchess of Cambridge is giving birth in the same location that her late mother-in-law, Princess Diana, delivered Princes William and Harry; Prince Charles' sister, Princess Anne, also gave birth to children Peter and Zara Phillips inside Lindo, among other British royals.
And, as reported in the Daily Mail and other outlets, the Lindo Wing is more lavish than ever in 2013, after undergoing a major renovation last year. Boasting not just the "highest quality of care" for all pregnancies, the wing features individual birthing rooms and a birthing pool, and each room features satellite TV, radio and Internet access, daily newspaper deliveries and a safe.
Middleton and Prince William, both 31, plus their guests will also enjoy a devoted catering staff -- which offers, among other things, a complete wine list (including champagne for the celebratory moments). The Daily Mail reports that the per-diem cost for delivery in a private suite totals up to over $9,000 in U.S. currency.
The late Princess Diana returned to St. Mary's for a tour its new pediatric intensive care unit back in April 1997, just four months before her death.
As it happens, Middleton entered the facility via the Mary Stanford entrance -- the same entrance that Princess Diana use when William was born back in 1982.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite