Duchess Kate Giving Birth: Lavish Details Inside Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital
- Photo: James Whatling/Splash News1 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 17
- Photo: Michael Dunlea/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 17
- Photo: Eddie Mulholland/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA5 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: AP Images/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: PAUL HACKETT/Reuters11 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA13 of 17
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA14 of 17
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA15 of 17
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex/Rex USA16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Giving birth should be a teensy bit less stressful for Kate Middleton inside the historic, luxurious Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital. Checking into the Paddington, London facility early Monday with Prince William at her side, the Duchess of Cambridge is giving birth in the same location that her late mother-in-law, Princess Diana, delivered Princes William and Harry; Prince Charles' sister, Princess Anne, also gave birth to children Peter and Zara Phillips inside Lindo, among other British royals.
And, as reported in the Daily Mail and other outlets, the Lindo Wing is more lavish than ever in 2013, after undergoing a major renovation last year. Boasting not just the "highest quality of care" for all pregnancies, the wing features individual birthing rooms and a birthing pool, and each room features satellite TV, radio and Internet access, daily newspaper deliveries and a safe.
Middleton and Prince William, both 31, plus their guests will also enjoy a devoted catering staff -- which offers, among other things, a complete wine list (including champagne for the celebratory moments). The Daily Mail reports that the per-diem cost for delivery in a private suite totals up to over $9,000 in U.S. currency.
The late Princess Diana returned to St. Mary's for a tour its new pediatric intensive care unit back in April 1997, just four months before her death.
As it happens, Middleton entered the facility via the Mary Stanford entrance -- the same entrance that Princess Diana use when William was born back in 1982.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Beyonce to Jennifer Lopez, see how these stars keep their figures trim.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite