Duchess Kate Giving Birth: Lavish Details Inside Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital
- Photo: James Whatling/Splash News1 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 17
- Photo: Michael Dunlea/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 17
- Photo: Eddie Mulholland/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA5 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: AP Images/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: PAUL HACKETT/Reuters11 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA13 of 17
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA14 of 17
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA15 of 17
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex/Rex USA16 of 17
More Celeb News
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- Kirstie Alley Blasts Leah Remini Over Scientology Criticism: She's a 'Bigot&apMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 12:00:42 PM
- La Scala remembers Mandela at season openerMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:10:16 AM
- 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Special Teaser: Shirley MacLaine and Paul Giamatti Are NMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:07:03 AM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviews
Giving birth should be a teensy bit less stressful for Kate Middleton inside the historic, luxurious Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital. Checking into the Paddington, London facility early Monday with Prince William at her side, the Duchess of Cambridge is giving birth in the same location that her late mother-in-law, Princess Diana, delivered Princes William and Harry; Prince Charles' sister, Princess Anne, also gave birth to children Peter and Zara Phillips inside Lindo, among other British royals.
And, as reported in the Daily Mail and other outlets, the Lindo Wing is more lavish than ever in 2013, after undergoing a major renovation last year. Boasting not just the "highest quality of care" for all pregnancies, the wing features individual birthing rooms and a birthing pool, and each room features satellite TV, radio and Internet access, daily newspaper deliveries and a safe.
Middleton and Prince William, both 31, plus their guests will also enjoy a devoted catering staff -- which offers, among other things, a complete wine list (including champagne for the celebratory moments). The Daily Mail reports that the per-diem cost for delivery in a private suite totals up to over $9,000 in U.S. currency.
The late Princess Diana returned to St. Mary's for a tour its new pediatric intensive care unit back in April 1997, just four months before her death.
As it happens, Middleton entered the facility via the Mary Stanford entrance -- the same entrance that Princess Diana use when William was born back in 1982.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite