How long will it take Duchess Kate and Prince William to name the royal baby?
- Photo: Danny Martindale/Getty Images North America1 of 12
- Photo: Mirrorpix/Splash News2 of 12
- Photo: Wonderwall3 of 12
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA4 of 12
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Wonderwall5 of 12
- Photo: Vincent Thian/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: OLIVIA HARRIS/Reuters7 of 12
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex / Rex USA/Wonderwall8 of 12
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA9 of 12
- Photo: Splash News10 of 12
- Photo: APL/WENN11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
What's in a name? Duchess Kate and Prince William have had months (nine, to be exact!) to prepare for their impending bundle of joy, but when it comes to naming the newest royal, the happy couple may still need to take a few days to come to a consensus.
Prince William's own parents, Prince Charles and Princess Diana, spent a full seven days deciding upon his moniker, while Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip waited a full month before naming Charles.
Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, duchess of York, spent two weeks pondering the name of their little girl (and William's cousin) before naming her Beatrice.
Kate and William have struck a good middle ground thus far in their own name game: The pair took three weeks to figure out a name for their cocker spaniel before deciding to name him Lupo, which means "wolf" in Italian.
Kate, who is officially due on July 11, is "a little nervous" about going into labor, but is "full of energy and really rather used to the bump!" a source tells Us Weekly of the first-time mother-to-be.
And once the baby has arrived, the source adds, the name will be the least of the busy duchess's worries.
"She's still busy, making sure she's done as much as possible for the new house before the baby is born," the source tells Us of Kate's plans for the couple's new 20-room flat in Kensington Palace. "Once the baby is here, she won't have time for anything else!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite