Kate Middleton Sends Personal Letter to Young Cancer Patient
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/Invision/AP1 of 25
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/Invision/AP2 of 25
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin3 of 25
- Photo: DSDD/JRAB/ZOB/ZDF/WENN4 of 25
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin5 of 25
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 25
- Photo: Robert F. Bukaty/Invision/AP7 of 25
- Photo: DSM/ZDS/WENN8 of 25
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/Invision/AP9 of 25
- Photo: R Chiang/Splash News10 of 25
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN11 of 25
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com12 of 25
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com13 of 25
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN14 of 25
- Photo: Allpix/Splash News15 of 25
- Photo: Charlie Riedel/Invision/AP16 of 25
- Photo: Gillis/Macpherson / Splash News/Splash News17 of 25
- Photo: Splash News18 of 25
- Photo: Allpix / Splash News/Splash News19 of 25
- Photo: Charlie Riedel/Invision/AP20 of 25
- Photo: Tristan Gregory © Camera Press / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.21 of 25
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP22 of 25
- Photo: Alastair Grant/Invision/AP23 of 25
- Photo: Tony Clark/http://www.wenn.com/24 of 25
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Duchess Kate and Prince William visited the Royal Marsden Hospital in Surrey last month, but the philanthropic acts didn't end there. Kate, 29, followed up her visit with a personal letter to young cancer patient Fabian Bate.
"This must be a troubling time for you, your parents and your sisters, but I know I left the Royal Marsden assured by how incredibly talented, kind and clever the team at the hospital are," she wrote to the 9-year-old boy, as excerpted by London's Evening Standard. "Combined with your belief and positive energy, you couldn't be in better hands."
In Kate's note, written on St. James' Palace letterhead, Kate told Fabian, who suffers from leukemia, she was thrilled that one of his older sisters was a bone marrow match. "I will keep my fingers crossed that your health goes from strength to strength in the months ahead," she said.
Fabian's family members were shocked when the letter from Kate arrived at their home address. The boy's father, Darrell, told the Evening Standard, "It was a very personal letter. It certainly didn't look like the standard templates these official letters so often use. It contained very specific information that she must have remembered. We were very touched, as she must do a lot of this stuff, and to remember Fabian is very moving."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite