Kate Middleton Sends Personal Letter to Young Cancer Patient
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/Invision/AP1 of 25
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/Invision/AP2 of 25
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin3 of 25
- Photo: DSDD/JRAB/ZOB/ZDF/WENN4 of 25
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin5 of 25
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 25
- Photo: Robert F. Bukaty/Invision/AP7 of 25
- Photo: DSM/ZDS/WENN8 of 25
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/Invision/AP9 of 25
- Photo: R Chiang/Splash News10 of 25
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN11 of 25
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com12 of 25
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com13 of 25
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN14 of 25
- Photo: Allpix/Splash News15 of 25
- Photo: Charlie Riedel/Invision/AP16 of 25
- Photo: Gillis/Macpherson / Splash News/Splash News17 of 25
- Photo: Splash News18 of 25
- Photo: Allpix / Splash News/Splash News19 of 25
- Photo: Charlie Riedel/Invision/AP20 of 25
- Photo: Tristan Gregory © Camera Press / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.21 of 25
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP22 of 25
- Photo: Alastair Grant/Invision/AP23 of 25
- Photo: Tony Clark/http://www.wenn.com/24 of 25
More Celeb News
- Julianne Moore, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jessica Chastain Films Headed to Toronto Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:35:00 AM
- Robert Downey Jr. Named Forbes' Highest-Paid Actor AgainMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:06:00 AM
- 'Harold and Kumar' Star Kal Penn to Moderate Nat Geo's Comic-Con Panel (EMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Earnings: Comcast Beats Profit Estimates, But NBCU Films DownMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 6:33:00 AM
- GLAAD Finds Painfully Low LGBT Representation in 2013 Films, Gives Two Studios Failing GradesMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:00:00 AM
- Julianne Moore, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jessica Chastain Films Headed to Toronto Film Festival
Duchess Kate and Prince William visited the Royal Marsden Hospital in Surrey last month, but the philanthropic acts didn't end there. Kate, 29, followed up her visit with a personal letter to young cancer patient Fabian Bate.
"This must be a troubling time for you, your parents and your sisters, but I know I left the Royal Marsden assured by how incredibly talented, kind and clever the team at the hospital are," she wrote to the 9-year-old boy, as excerpted by London's Evening Standard. "Combined with your belief and positive energy, you couldn't be in better hands."
In Kate's note, written on St. James' Palace letterhead, Kate told Fabian, who suffers from leukemia, she was thrilled that one of his older sisters was a bone marrow match. "I will keep my fingers crossed that your health goes from strength to strength in the months ahead," she said.
Fabian's family members were shocked when the letter from Kate arrived at their home address. The boy's father, Darrell, told the Evening Standard, "It was a very personal letter. It certainly didn't look like the standard templates these official letters so often use. It contained very specific information that she must have remembered. We were very touched, as she must do a lot of this stuff, and to remember Fabian is very moving."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite