Kate Middleton Sends Personal Letter to Young Cancer Patient
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/Invision/AP1 of 25
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/Invision/AP2 of 25
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin3 of 25
- Photo: DSDD/JRAB/ZOB/ZDF/WENN4 of 25
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin5 of 25
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 25
- Photo: Robert F. Bukaty/Invision/AP7 of 25
- Photo: DSM/ZDS/WENN8 of 25
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/Invision/AP9 of 25
- Photo: R Chiang/Splash News10 of 25
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN11 of 25
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com12 of 25
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com13 of 25
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN14 of 25
- Photo: Allpix/Splash News15 of 25
- Photo: Charlie Riedel/Invision/AP16 of 25
- Photo: Gillis/Macpherson / Splash News/Splash News17 of 25
- Photo: Splash News18 of 25
- Photo: Allpix / Splash News/Splash News19 of 25
- Photo: Charlie Riedel/Invision/AP20 of 25
- Photo: Tristan Gregory © Camera Press / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.21 of 25
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP22 of 25
- Photo: Alastair Grant/Invision/AP23 of 25
- Photo: Tony Clark/http://www.wenn.com/24 of 25
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones RomanceMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:49:00 PM
- Tumblr Tops Twitter's Social TV Activity, Says New StudyMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Comedy Group Dr. God Sets Up AXS TV Show, Wraps First Feature (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: 5 TakeawaysMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Mean Girls Star Daniel Franzese Comes OutMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:03:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones Romance
Duchess Kate and Prince William visited the Royal Marsden Hospital in Surrey last month, but the philanthropic acts didn't end there. Kate, 29, followed up her visit with a personal letter to young cancer patient Fabian Bate.
"This must be a troubling time for you, your parents and your sisters, but I know I left the Royal Marsden assured by how incredibly talented, kind and clever the team at the hospital are," she wrote to the 9-year-old boy, as excerpted by London's Evening Standard. "Combined with your belief and positive energy, you couldn't be in better hands."
In Kate's note, written on St. James' Palace letterhead, Kate told Fabian, who suffers from leukemia, she was thrilled that one of his older sisters was a bone marrow match. "I will keep my fingers crossed that your health goes from strength to strength in the months ahead," she said.
Fabian's family members were shocked when the letter from Kate arrived at their home address. The boy's father, Darrell, told the Evening Standard, "It was a very personal letter. It certainly didn't look like the standard templates these official letters so often use. It contained very specific information that she must have remembered. We were very touched, as she must do a lot of this stuff, and to remember Fabian is very moving."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite