Amar'e Stoudemire, New York Knicks player, marries Alexis Welch
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Lynne Sladky/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Jacques Brinon/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: LAURA RAUCH/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Duane Burleson/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Duane Burleson/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones' Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out: 'I've Been WaitMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:31:00 PM
- Television Academy Announces New Name, Fundraising DriveMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:18:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exiting Disney-ABC to Become TV DirectorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Adam Carolla's 'Catch a Contractor' Debut Is Spike's Best in 3 YMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:06:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared Woul
Slam dunk! New York Knicks player Amar'e Stoudemire married Alexis Welch, the mother of his four children on Saturday in Miami, Fla., his rep confirms to Us Weekly exclusively.
Although the pair were legally married in their New York City apartment on Dec. 12, 12012, they wanted to throw a huge wedding reception to celebrate. "This is fairy tale amazing down to every last detail," a source tells Us of the beautiful event that took place at the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, with the couple's guests staying at Fontainebleau hotel.
Indeed, guests included most of the Knicks, including Carmelo Anthony, his wife La La, and Tyson Chandler, as well as Timbaland, Swizz Beatz with wife Alicia Keys, Spanx creator Sarah Blakely and her husband Jessie Itzler, among others.
The couple's children: daughters Assata and Are, and two sons, Amare, and their newborn boy (who was born in May), were all a part of the wedding party.
Oprah Winfrey's famed event planner, Colin Cowie, and his team planned the whole weekend for the star-studded guests. A source tells Us that the bride wore a J'Anton wedding gown and a Oscar de la Renta reception gown and was joined by six bridesmaids.
The NBA all-star player, 30, wore a Calvin Klein Collection wedding suit and a Lanvin reception suit, complete with a red jacket. He was joined by 11 groomsmen.
The couple met in 2002 after Stoudemire was drafted by the Phoenix Suns. They got engaged in Paris in June 2012.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite