Amar'e Stoudemire, New York Knicks player, marries Alexis Welch
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Lynne Sladky/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Jacques Brinon/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: LAURA RAUCH/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Duane Burleson/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Duane Burleson/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:08:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Big Brother' Hands CBS a WinMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:01:00 AM
- 'Get on Up' Review: Chadwick Boseman Brings the Funk in This Surprisingly Daring JMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:00:00 AM
- USA Orders 'Colony' Pilot From Carlton CuseMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:54:00 AM
- BuzzFeed Editor Ben Smith Details All 41 Instances of Political Reporter's PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:30:00 AM
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)
Slam dunk! New York Knicks player Amar'e Stoudemire married Alexis Welch, the mother of his four children on Saturday in Miami, Fla., his rep confirms to Us Weekly exclusively.
Although the pair were legally married in their New York City apartment on Dec. 12, 12012, they wanted to throw a huge wedding reception to celebrate. "This is fairy tale amazing down to every last detail," a source tells Us of the beautiful event that took place at the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, with the couple's guests staying at Fontainebleau hotel.
Indeed, guests included most of the Knicks, including Carmelo Anthony, his wife La La, and Tyson Chandler, as well as Timbaland, Swizz Beatz with wife Alicia Keys, Spanx creator Sarah Blakely and her husband Jessie Itzler, among others.
The couple's children: daughters Assata and Are, and two sons, Amare, and their newborn boy (who was born in May), were all a part of the wedding party.
Oprah Winfrey's famed event planner, Colin Cowie, and his team planned the whole weekend for the star-studded guests. A source tells Us that the bride wore a J'Anton wedding gown and a Oscar de la Renta reception gown and was joined by six bridesmaids.
The NBA all-star player, 30, wore a Calvin Klein Collection wedding suit and a Lanvin reception suit, complete with a red jacket. He was joined by 11 groomsmen.
The couple met in 2002 after Stoudemire was drafted by the Phoenix Suns. They got engaged in Paris in June 2012.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite