Amar'e Stoudemire, New York Knicks player, marries Alexis Welch
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Lynne Sladky/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Jacques Brinon/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: LAURA RAUCH/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Duane Burleson/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Duane Burleson/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Tom Hiddleston to Star in Legendary's 'Skull Island' Film, Jordan Vogt-RoMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 9:21:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Dancing With the Stars' Debut Dips to Premiere LowMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 9:17:00 AM
- NBC Finishes No. 1 in Ratings for Full Year: It's Our New 'Standard Season&apoMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 8:34:00 AM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Mayim Bialik Wants Ariana Grande to Keep Her Clothes OnMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 8:21:00 AM
- Judd Apatow's Romantic Comedy 'Love' Lands Two Season Commitment on NetflMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 8:03:00 AM
- Tom Hiddleston to Star in Legendary's 'Skull Island' Film, Jordan Vogt-Ro
Slam dunk! New York Knicks player Amar'e Stoudemire married Alexis Welch, the mother of his four children on Saturday in Miami, Fla., his rep confirms to Us Weekly exclusively.
Although the pair were legally married in their New York City apartment on Dec. 12, 12012, they wanted to throw a huge wedding reception to celebrate. "This is fairy tale amazing down to every last detail," a source tells Us of the beautiful event that took place at the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, with the couple's guests staying at Fontainebleau hotel.
Indeed, guests included most of the Knicks, including Carmelo Anthony, his wife La La, and Tyson Chandler, as well as Timbaland, Swizz Beatz with wife Alicia Keys, Spanx creator Sarah Blakely and her husband Jessie Itzler, among others.
The couple's children: daughters Assata and Are, and two sons, Amare, and their newborn boy (who was born in May), were all a part of the wedding party.
Oprah Winfrey's famed event planner, Colin Cowie, and his team planned the whole weekend for the star-studded guests. A source tells Us that the bride wore a J'Anton wedding gown and a Oscar de la Renta reception gown and was joined by six bridesmaids.
The NBA all-star player, 30, wore a Calvin Klein Collection wedding suit and a Lanvin reception suit, complete with a red jacket. He was joined by 11 groomsmen.
The couple met in 2002 after Stoudemire was drafted by the Phoenix Suns. They got engaged in Paris in June 2012.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite