Barack Obama and Mitt Romney's Presidential Debate: Celebs Weigh In
Wednesday night's first presidential debate of 2012, in which President Barack Obama and Republican hopeful Mitt Romney duked it out, inspired a lot of, well, debate!
Moderated -- some say poorly -- by PBS' Jim Lehrer, the much-anticipated discussion covered the candidates' views on the economy, health care, the role of government and more. Much of Hollywood weighed in on the debate via Twitter, with widely-ranging views on Obama and Romney's notably different debate styles, Lehrer's difficulties and some of the more memorable sound bytes of the evening (including Romney's Big Bird mention!).
Here, Us Weekly rounds up a handful of the celeb tweets from Wednesday's debate.
John Cusack: "Watching the debates -- it's so strange the president seems almost apologetic about his policies that help people and didn't call out Romney"
Trevor Donovan: "I think Clint Eastwood's empty chair showed up tonight in Denver......"
Jesse Tyler Ferguson: "Is that a tiny distant violin telling me to wrap up my speech? Oh no, it's just Jim Lehrer."
Kate Walsh: "Mitt Romney will abolish PBS...but he DOES like Big Bird and Jim Lehrer. Thank God The Count's not alive to see this."
Elisabeth Hasselbeck: "Both are good men. #Debate2012 but we need a great president. #It's not about liking Obama - It's about needing Romney"
Lisa Vanderpump: "Wow presidential debate was pretty interesting,but think @BravoAndy should host the next one,then we could really get into it #hearthetruth"
Kathy Griffin: "Aww s**. Romney did the Nixon upper lip wipe. I think his "I'm taking away Big Bird" statement just sunk in"
Ivanka Trump: "#Romney really rose to the occasion tonight! #BigNight #Debate2012 #debate #CantAfford4More"
Gilles Marini: "Just watched the #Debates . Well I wish they were saying what they really think! Way to blurry and walking on eggs. I wanted more!"
Aubrey O'Day: "#debate: I didn't learn anything new. Romney was solid (but my expectations were low). Obama didn't come hard enough, he seemed listless. :/"
Sherri Shepherd: " If you were for Mitt b4 the #debates you're still w Mitt... if you're #TeamObama then despite tonight's weaknesses your mind hasn't changed"
Kirstie Alley: "Not usually this politically general... but debate was lack luster at best... Bill Clinton.. show em how it's done!!!"
Joy Behar: "Romney was aggressive and still not likeable. #current2012"
Rob Lowe: "Worst moderator ever."
Sarah Silverman: "U can't say we have religious freedom AND that we're all children of the same God, Bro!!"
Olivia Wilde: "We know you'd rather have a private plan, Mitt, to go with your private plane, and your private planet when your battery dies. #debate2012"
Bob Saget: "I'm really enjoying these debates. I can't wait til they have the swimsuit competition."
Eva Longoria: "I'm in New Zealand watching the presidential debate! Obama is killing it on health care! #Obama2012."
Lady Gaga: "I believe its important to note before this begins that Romney is a millionaire and paid well below the average tax rate, paying only 13.9%."
Albert Brooks: "Next debate will be moderated by Miss Piggy before she loses her job . .. Between these two explanations of health care I don't know what the f--k is happening."
Mark Ruffalo: "#Romney Okay. This is a great performance. I almost believed that Mitt cares about the hurting 47% that he said he didn't care about. Oscar?" And: "What I think is going to be awesome to see is how Obama deals with tonight. The next debate is going to rock. Rocky Balboa??"
Chris Rock: "Obama is waiting for the right moment to pull out Bin Laden's skull from behind the podium. Wait for it. Wait for it... #debate#PresDebate."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Barack Obama and Mitt Romney's Presidential Debate: Celebs Weigh In
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Gwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite