Bristol Palin Bashes Meghan McCain
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com1 of 3
- Photo: Janet Mayer/Splash News2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out as GayMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- What Happened When the Cameras Went Off? Bachelor's Chris Harrison Spills on the Tense FinaMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 1:47:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones' Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out: 'I've Been WaitMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:31:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls Ends
Meghan McCain and Bristol Palin have never exactly been BFF's. In Palin's memoir "Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far," the 20-year-old single mom recalls not-so-fondly her initial impressions of McCain, 26.
In the book, as excerpted by ABC News, Palin writes that during her first encounter with Sen. John McCain's daughter, she "ignored us during the entire visit." This was just before John McCain introduced Sarah Palin as his running mate.
Palin "had a sneaking suspicion I might need to watch my back" and added: "Every time we saw Meghan, she seemed to be constantly checking us out, comparing my family to hers and complaining."
McCain's response? The "Dirty, Sexy Politics" author tweeted a YouTube video from 2008, showing herself with her arm around Sarah Palin's "sweet, sweet daughter Piper" smiling on a couch. The video features Meghan talking about how "thrilled" she was by her dad's choice of the then-governor of Alaska for his running mate. "I feel like my heart is going to explode with pride for her," McCain says in the clip.
Still, the animosity between the two women isn't one-sided. In September, McCain made a dig at Palin during an appearance on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Lambasted at the time for her wild rep, she said that she was sent to an "image consultant" for talking "bad," "looking "like a stripper" and "hurting the campaign." The presence of a pregnant teenager "does a little bit to your self esteem," she admitted, suggesting that Palin wasn't subject to the same kind of scrutiny.
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite