Charlize Theron Tearfully Recounts Two-Year Process of Adopting Baby Jackson
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Universal Pictures6 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital12 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Charlize Theron already had a couple of little ones at home before she brought home 9-day-old Jackson in March.
In a Thursday appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," the "Snow White and the Huntsman" star, 36, opened up about expanding her brood and how her rescue dogs responded to the newest addition to the family.
"Dogs tend to ... it takes them a little bit to really fall madly in love with someone," Theron said of her two rescue pups, a terrier mutt and a pit bull. "They know their owner and they'll be friendly, but they won't fall madly in love with just a stranger instantly."
But when the actress brought home her son, it was a totally different story. "From the moment this baby came into our home, those two dogs have never been more in love," Theron revealed. "It's the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed."
Her pit bull, Blue, in particular has been "really beyond," she shared. "The pit woke up with me for every feed, for every change. And whenever the baby would cry, the pit would start crying."
Added Theron, "People keep saying, 'You're a single mom.' I go, 'Actually, I'm not. I got two boys helping me out.'"
The "Prometheus" actress also opened up to DeGeneres about her roller-coaster two-year adoption process, tearing up as she recounted her story.
"My mom said the most beautiful thing. She said, 'You know, it took me nine months to fall in love with you while you were growing in my stomach, and it took you two years to fall in love with this little baby,'" Theron said. "It took two years of waiting, and then one day, it's finally there, and it feels exactly how it's supposed to feel. I don't know how to describe it. It just feels right."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite