Charlize Theron Tearfully Recounts Two-Year Process of Adopting Baby Jackson
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Universal Pictures6 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital12 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Charlize Theron already had a couple of little ones at home before she brought home 9-day-old Jackson in March.
In a Thursday appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," the "Snow White and the Huntsman" star, 36, opened up about expanding her brood and how her rescue dogs responded to the newest addition to the family.
"Dogs tend to ... it takes them a little bit to really fall madly in love with someone," Theron said of her two rescue pups, a terrier mutt and a pit bull. "They know their owner and they'll be friendly, but they won't fall madly in love with just a stranger instantly."
But when the actress brought home her son, it was a totally different story. "From the moment this baby came into our home, those two dogs have never been more in love," Theron revealed. "It's the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed."
Her pit bull, Blue, in particular has been "really beyond," she shared. "The pit woke up with me for every feed, for every change. And whenever the baby would cry, the pit would start crying."
Added Theron, "People keep saying, 'You're a single mom.' I go, 'Actually, I'm not. I got two boys helping me out.'"
The "Prometheus" actress also opened up to DeGeneres about her roller-coaster two-year adoption process, tearing up as she recounted her story.
"My mom said the most beautiful thing. She said, 'You know, it took me nine months to fall in love with you while you were growing in my stomach, and it took you two years to fall in love with this little baby,'" Theron said. "It took two years of waiting, and then one day, it's finally there, and it feels exactly how it's supposed to feel. I don't know how to describe it. It just feels right."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite