Charlize Theron Tearfully Recounts Two-Year Process of Adopting Baby Jackson
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Universal Pictures6 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital12 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Charlize Theron already had a couple of little ones at home before she brought home 9-day-old Jackson in March.
In a Thursday appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," the "Snow White and the Huntsman" star, 36, opened up about expanding her brood and how her rescue dogs responded to the newest addition to the family.
"Dogs tend to ... it takes them a little bit to really fall madly in love with someone," Theron said of her two rescue pups, a terrier mutt and a pit bull. "They know their owner and they'll be friendly, but they won't fall madly in love with just a stranger instantly."
But when the actress brought home her son, it was a totally different story. "From the moment this baby came into our home, those two dogs have never been more in love," Theron revealed. "It's the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed."
Her pit bull, Blue, in particular has been "really beyond," she shared. "The pit woke up with me for every feed, for every change. And whenever the baby would cry, the pit would start crying."
Added Theron, "People keep saying, 'You're a single mom.' I go, 'Actually, I'm not. I got two boys helping me out.'"
The "Prometheus" actress also opened up to DeGeneres about her roller-coaster two-year adoption process, tearing up as she recounted her story.
"My mom said the most beautiful thing. She said, 'You know, it took me nine months to fall in love with you while you were growing in my stomach, and it took you two years to fall in love with this little baby,'" Theron said. "It took two years of waiting, and then one day, it's finally there, and it feels exactly how it's supposed to feel. I don't know how to describe it. It just feels right."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite