Christie Brinkley slams daughter's surgery speculation
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks1 of 9
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin3 of 9
- Photo: JMF/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Beth O. Stern/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- La Scala remembers Mandela at season openerMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:10:16 AM
- 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Special Teaser: Shirley MacLaine and Paul Giamatti Are NMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:07:03 AM
- '12 Years a Slave' Dominates Boston Online Critics AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 10:37:11 AM
- 'Ellen' Actress Kate Williamson DeadMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 10:34:46 AM
- Harry's South Pole race curtailed; trek goes onMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 9:51:42 AM
- La Scala remembers Mandela at season opener
Model-actress Christie Brinkley has hit back at claims her daughter has gone under the knife to transform her looks, and insists she's sick of her child having to deal with critics' cruel comments.
Alexa Ray Joel has been a front row regular during the 2013 New York Fashion Week, and her more polished image has sparked rumors she has had work done on her face, as well as breast implants.
The gossip has infuriated her former supermodel mother, who insists her daughter has had to try and cope with negativity over her looks since she was a little girl.
Speaking to U.S. newsman Anderson Cooper, she says, "My daughter, Alexis, we call a late bloomer, and she has blossomed so stunningly.
"First of all, I think my ex-husband and my daughter are both beautiful, talented, wonderful, and it really hurt to see the nasty criticism, the nasty writing. It hurts. It bothers me as a human that our society has gotten to this level. And now, after enduring all this criticism as a child -- not a public figure, but a child -- she's stepping out into the world, she's doing things, and now they [critics] can't even accept [it]. It's like, 'Oh she's too beautiful. She bought it all. It's all plastic surgery'. ... She happens to be endowed very generously."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBFF For Life
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite