Christie Brinkley slams daughter's surgery speculation
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks1 of 9
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin3 of 9
- Photo: JMF/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Beth O. Stern/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Discovery to Air Everest Avalanche Documentary May 4MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:02:00 PM
- A&E Sets Premiere Date for Longmire Season 3MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:40:00 PM
- 'Locke' Review: Tom Hardy Captivates in This One-Man Road TripMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:39:00 PM
- Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco Chops Off Her HairMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:18:00 PM
- NBC's Comedy Playground Slammed With Trademark Infringement, Unfair Competition SuitMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:16:00 PM
- Discovery to Air Everest Avalanche Documentary May 4
Model-actress Christie Brinkley has hit back at claims her daughter has gone under the knife to transform her looks, and insists she's sick of her child having to deal with critics' cruel comments.
Alexa Ray Joel has been a front row regular during the 2013 New York Fashion Week, and her more polished image has sparked rumors she has had work done on her face, as well as breast implants.
The gossip has infuriated her former supermodel mother, who insists her daughter has had to try and cope with negativity over her looks since she was a little girl.
Speaking to U.S. newsman Anderson Cooper, she says, "My daughter, Alexis, we call a late bloomer, and she has blossomed so stunningly.
"First of all, I think my ex-husband and my daughter are both beautiful, talented, wonderful, and it really hurt to see the nasty criticism, the nasty writing. It hurts. It bothers me as a human that our society has gotten to this level. And now, after enduring all this criticism as a child -- not a public figure, but a child -- she's stepping out into the world, she's doing things, and now they [critics] can't even accept [it]. It's like, 'Oh she's too beautiful. She bought it all. It's all plastic surgery'. ... She happens to be endowed very generously."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Weight Loss
From Crowd Ignite