Christie Brinkley slams daughter's surgery speculation
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks1 of 9
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin3 of 9
- Photo: JMF/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Beth O. Stern/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to HollywoMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'NCIS' Drafts MTV's 'Awkward' Star Nikki DeLoach (ExcluMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:59:00 PM
- OK! Magazine Dumps Digital Team, Launches Search for New Staff (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:58:00 PM
- The Wire Shutting Down and Being Folded Into Atlantic Flagship SiteMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Cast Rallies Fans to Watch Season Finale as TNT Mulls RenewalMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:07:00 PM
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to Hollywo
Model-actress Christie Brinkley has hit back at claims her daughter has gone under the knife to transform her looks, and insists she's sick of her child having to deal with critics' cruel comments.
Alexa Ray Joel has been a front row regular during the 2013 New York Fashion Week, and her more polished image has sparked rumors she has had work done on her face, as well as breast implants.
The gossip has infuriated her former supermodel mother, who insists her daughter has had to try and cope with negativity over her looks since she was a little girl.
Speaking to U.S. newsman Anderson Cooper, she says, "My daughter, Alexis, we call a late bloomer, and she has blossomed so stunningly.
"First of all, I think my ex-husband and my daughter are both beautiful, talented, wonderful, and it really hurt to see the nasty criticism, the nasty writing. It hurts. It bothers me as a human that our society has gotten to this level. And now, after enduring all this criticism as a child -- not a public figure, but a child -- she's stepping out into the world, she's doing things, and now they [critics] can't even accept [it]. It's like, 'Oh she's too beautiful. She bought it all. It's all plastic surgery'. ... She happens to be endowed very generously."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite