Christie's to sell collection of Kate Moss images
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP1 of 21
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP2 of 21
- Photo: Gotcha Images/Splash News3 of 21
- Photo: W Johnson/Splash News4 of 21
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin5 of 21
- Photo: James Veysey / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.6 of 21
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN7 of 21
- Photo: Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA8 of 21
- Photo: SA1/ZOB/WENN9 of 21
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 21
- Photo: Joan Wakeham/StarTraks11 of 21
- Photo: Martin Grimes/Pacific Coast News12 of 21
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet13 of 21
- Photo: Rex Features/StarTraks14 of 21
- Photo: NWD/KPE/ZJK/ZDF/ZWQ/WENN15 of 21
- Photo: TOAB/JEAB/ZDS/WENN16 of 21
- Photo: ABA/ZDS/benjilaliography.com/WENN17 of 21
- Photo: Spiller/WENN18 of 21
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN19 of 21
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP20 of 21
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
LONDON—Few people have been photographed more often than Kate Moss, and some of the most famous images of the supermodel are going under the hammer at a Christie's auction this fall.
The sale, announced Wednesday, includes a shot of Moss encased in bronze glitter by Allen Jones and images by well-known photographers including Annie Leibovitz, Bruce Weber, Mario Testino, Sam Taylor-Wood and Irving Penn.
RELATED: Best off-season bikini bods
The works, collectively valued at about $1.52 million, have been assembled by German collector Gert Elfering. He called Moss a "living icon."
"Kate is the ultimate modern muse, and we will be seeing her images in major museums and private collections for years to come," he said.
Moss has been a star since she was discovered as a teenager in the late 1980s. Her waif-like looks took the fashion world by storm, though she has also been criticized for her association with the super-skinny style known as "heroin chic."
RELATED: Awe-inspiring celebrity weddings
Now 39, Moss remains among the world's best-known and best-paid models. Christie's director of photographs Philippe Garner said she was "the greatest icon of style of the modern age."
Lots up for auction include a 1992 image of Moss nude on a couch by Mario Sorrenti, valued at $45,000 to $75,000.
There's also a 2002 image by Craig McDean of Moss wearing a jacket that reads "God Save the Queen," with an estimate of $60,000 to $90,000, and a 3-D hologram image on a lightbox by Chris Levine estimated at between $152,000 and $227,000.
In addition to photographs, the sale includes a Peter Blake collage, a Jacquard tapestry by Chuck Close and -- a must for every living room -- an 18-karat gold sculpture of Moss as a naked angel by Nick Knight.
The works will be sold at Christie's in London on Sept. 25.
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYoung Hollywood
From Crowd Ignite