Christie's to sell collection of Kate Moss images
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP1 of 21
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP2 of 21
- Photo: Gotcha Images/Splash News3 of 21
- Photo: W Johnson/Splash News4 of 21
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin5 of 21
- Photo: James Veysey / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.6 of 21
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN7 of 21
- Photo: Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA8 of 21
- Photo: SA1/ZOB/WENN9 of 21
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 21
- Photo: Joan Wakeham/StarTraks11 of 21
- Photo: Martin Grimes/Pacific Coast News12 of 21
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet13 of 21
- Photo: Rex Features/StarTraks14 of 21
- Photo: NWD/KPE/ZJK/ZDF/ZWQ/WENN15 of 21
- Photo: TOAB/JEAB/ZDS/WENN16 of 21
- Photo: ABA/ZDS/benjilaliography.com/WENN17 of 21
- Photo: Spiller/WENN18 of 21
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN19 of 21
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP20 of 21
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
LONDON—Few people have been photographed more often than Kate Moss, and some of the most famous images of the supermodel are going under the hammer at a Christie's auction this fall.
The sale, announced Wednesday, includes a shot of Moss encased in bronze glitter by Allen Jones and images by well-known photographers including Annie Leibovitz, Bruce Weber, Mario Testino, Sam Taylor-Wood and Irving Penn.
RELATED: Best off-season bikini bods
The works, collectively valued at about $1.52 million, have been assembled by German collector Gert Elfering. He called Moss a "living icon."
"Kate is the ultimate modern muse, and we will be seeing her images in major museums and private collections for years to come," he said.
Moss has been a star since she was discovered as a teenager in the late 1980s. Her waif-like looks took the fashion world by storm, though she has also been criticized for her association with the super-skinny style known as "heroin chic."
RELATED: Awe-inspiring celebrity weddings
Now 39, Moss remains among the world's best-known and best-paid models. Christie's director of photographs Philippe Garner said she was "the greatest icon of style of the modern age."
Lots up for auction include a 1992 image of Moss nude on a couch by Mario Sorrenti, valued at $45,000 to $75,000.
There's also a 2002 image by Craig McDean of Moss wearing a jacket that reads "God Save the Queen," with an estimate of $60,000 to $90,000, and a 3-D hologram image on a lightbox by Chris Levine estimated at between $152,000 and $227,000.
In addition to photographs, the sale includes a Peter Blake collage, a Jacquard tapestry by Chuck Close and -- a must for every living room -- an 18-karat gold sculpture of Moss as a naked angel by Nick Knight.
The works will be sold at Christie's in London on Sept. 25.
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite