Denise Richards Admits Helping Drunk Charlie Sheen to Hospital
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: IXOLA/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Fame Pictures5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Lucy' Director Luc Besson Predicts Greed Will End Human CivilizationMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 10:55:00 AM
- Whitney Houston's Mother Slams Lifetime Biopic: 'Please Let Her Rest'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 10:38:00 AM
- ABC's 'Scandal' Casts Portia De Rossi in 'Top Secret' RMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 10:33:00 AM
- SAG-AFTRA Sends Proposed Contract to Membership for RatificationMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 10:33:00 AM
- Captain America Cozies Up With Alice Eve in First Look at Chris Evans' Directorial Debut (PMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 10:04:00 AM
- 'Lucy' Director Luc Besson Predicts Greed Will End Human Civilization
In an interview Tuesday night with CNN's Joy Behar, Charlie Sheen's ex-wife Denise Richards, who was staying across the hall from him at New York's Plaza Hotel with their two daughters when he reportedly trashed his room while drunk, says she knows what happened in his suite but doesn't want to discuss it.
Though she admits she helped him to the hospital, she said, "I'd rather leave that for Charlie to discuss, if that's something he wants to do, because that's something very personal and private. The thing is that my daughters are 5 and 6, and they're at an age where
they can start to understand. They have no idea what went on, and our stuff happened when they were much younger, which I'm so grateful for."
The New York Post reports that Sheen, 45, was found naked and drunk in his suite with a hooker. According to the Post, he told police he had done cocaine that night and flipped out, trashing his room and causing $7,000 in damages, when he couldn't find his cell phone and wallet.
Before Sheen's hospitalization, he had taken Richards, 39, and their daughters, Sam, 6, and Lola, 5, to the American Museum of Natural History. It capped off a
cozy weekend the four spent together in the Big Apple.
Saying that they've overcome the bitter feuding stemming from their divorce a few years ago, Richards told Behar, "We're in an amazing place. We've been getting along great for the last year and a half, and we're doing our best. So as far as that situation, I'm just trying to protect the girls from it as much as possible."
Though Sheen has struggled with drugs and alcohol before, Richards said he is never intoxicated around their children. "I would never allow that," she said.
Added Richards, "He's their dad, and I have a lot of faith in him."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite