Duchess Kate, Queen Elizabeth to Bond on Summer Vacation
- Photo: DSM/ZDS/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: JRAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Nate Jones/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 17
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com6 of 17
- Photo: Photo courtesy of Grey Goose/.7 of 17
- Photo: Matt Baron/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: AB1/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Adriana M Barrazza/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: Matt Baron/BEImages/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Summer vacation with the royal Grandmother-in-Law!
Duchess Kate has scored her very first invite to the royal summer holiday at the Balmoral estate in Scotland, London's Telegraph reports. Kate and hubby Prince William, both 29, are set to join elder royals toward the end of August.
The newlyweds will be joining the Queen, Prince Philip plus Prince Charles and Camilla for royal picnics, home-cinema evenings and even family barbecues where Philip himself takes over the grill!
The getaway is a prime opportunity for Kate to meet the staff at Balmoral, where she will one day be mistress of the house.
Plus, Kate and the Queen can bond! "This is quite an important visit for Kate because, believe it or not, The Queen does not really know her very well at all," Ingrid Seward of Majesty magazine tells The Telegraph.
"Kate has never had an invitation before to stay at Balmoral - but she is family now and The Queen wants to get to know her...The Queen needs to present Kate to Scotland. The time has come."
"William and Catherine are now spending time as a married couple on Anglesey," a Clarence House rep said. "We cannot comment on their future private time."
Before that trip, however, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are set to attend another royal wedding in Edinburgh on July 30: Prince William's first cousin Zara Phillipps is set to wed Mike Tindall.
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite