Duchess Kate, Queen Elizabeth to Bond on Summer Vacation
- Photo: DSM/ZDS/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: JRAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Nate Jones/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 17
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com6 of 17
- Photo: Photo courtesy of Grey Goose/.7 of 17
- Photo: Matt Baron/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: AB1/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Adriana M Barrazza/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: Matt Baron/BEImages/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Summer vacation with the royal Grandmother-in-Law!
Duchess Kate has scored her very first invite to the royal summer holiday at the Balmoral estate in Scotland, London's Telegraph reports. Kate and hubby Prince William, both 29, are set to join elder royals toward the end of August.
The newlyweds will be joining the Queen, Prince Philip plus Prince Charles and Camilla for royal picnics, home-cinema evenings and even family barbecues where Philip himself takes over the grill!
The getaway is a prime opportunity for Kate to meet the staff at Balmoral, where she will one day be mistress of the house.
Plus, Kate and the Queen can bond! "This is quite an important visit for Kate because, believe it or not, The Queen does not really know her very well at all," Ingrid Seward of Majesty magazine tells The Telegraph.
"Kate has never had an invitation before to stay at Balmoral - but she is family now and The Queen wants to get to know her...The Queen needs to present Kate to Scotland. The time has come."
"William and Catherine are now spending time as a married couple on Anglesey," a Clarence House rep said. "We cannot comment on their future private time."
Before that trip, however, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are set to attend another royal wedding in Edinburgh on July 30: Prince William's first cousin Zara Phillipps is set to wed Mike Tindall.
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite