Emily Maynard shares her 'Bachelorette' approach
NEW YORK (AP) -- Emily Maynard's love affair with Brad Womack on "The Bachelor" might have ended with a broken engagement, but she's taking a different approach to being "The Bachelorette."
She said in a recent interview that this time around she's making sure to get to know her suitors.
"(With Womack) I don't know if I asked all the right questions that I should have, so you'll see me really getting to know the guys a lot better," Maynard said.
This season, the 26-year-old is grilling the guys competing for her affection over whether they're prepared to become a father.
Maynard is a single mom to 6-year-old Ricki, whose father, late NASCAR driver Ricky Hendrick, died in a plane crash in 2004. Maynard can't reveal whether she finds true love or gets engaged at the end of the season, but she does say she's happy she decided to take part in the show again.
"I hope that people can see how genuine I am in truly wanting to find somebody. I would never put myself through all this again if I didn't really believe in it," she said.
It was also important for Maynard to make sure the guys on the show were really interested in her and not just caught up in the competition.
"Every date I feel like I kind of repeated myself a lot because I wanted to make sure the guys were, you know, hopefully falling in love with me as a person and not with Emily `The Bachelorette' and I really wanted them to get to know me as me," she recalled.
ABC was definitely smitten with the idea of Maynard as its "Bachelorette." The network moved production of the show from Los Angeles to Charlotte, N.C., so Maynard could be with her daughter. It also made the experience a little more real.
"It was great because I could go out on these dates and also still do everyday mom stuff. I still had laundry to do and floors that needing vacuuming," she said.
Fast-forward 20 years and Maynard says she would hypothetically approve of her daughter one day being "The Bachelorette."
"I hope it never gets to this point for her, but I would because I had a great experience," Maynard said. "I want my daughter to be fearless and to follow her heart and her faith and do whatever that leads her to do, whether I approve or not."
"The Bachelorette" airs Mondays on ABC at 8 p.m. Eastern time.
Alicia Rancilio covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow her online at http://www.twitter.com/aliciar.
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite