Emmy Awards: Best Dressed Stars of All Time!
Who will join the ranks of Olivia Wilde, Drew Barrymore and Christina Applegate at this year's Emmys?
Two months after undergoing a double mastectomy in 2008, a beaming Applegate walked the red carpet wearing a stunning Reem Acra gown. "Being here, being in a dress and feeling good, it's such a victory," the breast cancer survivor and Samantha Who? actress told Access Hollywood. "I'm alive and I feel fantastic."
The following year, Barrymore looked radiant as ever in a strapless Monique Lhuillier gown, Anna Hu jewelry and Casadei heels. That same night, Wilde had tongues wagging in an embroidered Marchesa gown, which featured cut-out details. "It's actually very comfortable," said Wilde, who accessorized with Kwiat jewels and Jimmy Choo shoes. "I feel very happy."
Though Brooke Shields has been in show business since her early teens, it wasn't until 2008, when she was 43 years old, that the actress made her Primetime Emmy Awards debut. The Lipstick Jungle star made a splash on the red carpet in a fuchsia Badgley Mischka gown and Fred Leighton jewels.
Vampire Diaries star Nina Dobrev became one of the most talked-about stars in 2011 when she arrived at the awards show in a custom Donna Karan dress. The brunette beauty completed her look with Brian Atwood peep-toes and Neil Lane jewels.
In 2005, while supporting her Desperate Housewives costar Felicity Huffman (who won the Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series award), Eva Longoria looked divine in a custom Angel Sanchez gown. (Their costar Marcia Cross, meanwhile, wowed in an emerald Elie Saab number.)
Other stars who stood out on the red carpet over the years include Spin City's Heather Locklear in 2000 (in Richard Tyler), Sex and the City's Sarah Jessica Parker in 2003 (in Chanel) and Mad Men's January Jones in 2009 (in Atelier Versace).
To see more jaw-dropping red carpet looks from stars like Jennifer Aniston, Sofia Vergara, Ellen Pompeo, Blake Lively, Debra Messing, Katherine Heigl, Mischa Barton and America Ferrera, check out the gallery now. The 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, airs September 23 at 7 p.m. EST on ABC.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Emmy Awards: Best Dressed Stars of All Time!
- Brad Pitt's Changing Looks
- Hollywood's Hottest Dads
- Mark Wahlberg's Shirtless Looks
- Prince William & Duchess Kate's Cutest Couple Moments
- Stars with tattoos of other celebs
- Brooke Shields' Changing Looks
- Carrie Underwood's Evolving Looks
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Cast Yearbook Photos
- Worst Celeb Sunburns
- Celeb Twins
- Celebs Who Work Out on the Beach
- Country Music's Hottest Couples
- Worst spring wardrobes
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Romance Retro
- WATN: 'Boy Meets World'
- Tim McGraw's changing looks
- Craziest Kim Kardashian pregnancy rumors
- Celebs Who Look Like Their Pets
- Mariah & Nick's Matching Style
- Hollywood's Tomboys
- The Royal Couple's Favorite Sports
- Kim Kardashian's Curvy Maternity Style
- WATN: 'Jurassic Park'
- January Jones' Retro Looks
- The Rock's Soft Side
- WATN: 'Veronica Mars'
- WATN: 'Beetlejuice'
- Fergie's Changing Looks
- Star Twitter Quitters
- Hollywood's Hottest Ryans
- Insured Celebrity Body Parts
- Most Expensive Celeb Engagement Rings
- Sweetest Celeb PDA
- Kim Kardashian's Tightest Looks
- Olivia Wilde's Best Street Style
- Justin Timberlake's Many Looks
- Hottest Royal Beach Bodies
- Celebrity Pets with Famous Names
- Michelle Williams' Best Fashion Moments
- Lindsay Lohan's Changing Looks
- Justin Bieber's Changing Hair
- Most Awkward People on the Red Carpet
- WATN: '7th Heaven'
- Ke$ha's Worst Looks
- Worst Oscar Fashion
- George Clooney's Oscar Dates
- Most Embarrassing Celeb Splits
- Stars Before They Were Oscar Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence's Best Fashion Moments
- Rihanna's Sexiest Grammy Style
- Drew Barrymore's Craziest Looks
- Jennifer Aniston's Changing Looks
- Worst Dressed Celeb Designers
- Anne Hathaway's Oscar Looks
- Grammy's Hottest Couples
- Taylor Swift's Best Grammy Fashion
- WATN: 'Wonder Years'
- Destiny's Child's Most Iconic Looks
- Best Off-Season Bikini Bods
- Emma Stone's Best Red-Carpet Looks
- Celeb Flashers
- Mariah Carey's Biggest Feuds
- Mariah Carey's Wacky Wardrobe
- Britney Spears' Wackiest Red Carpet Poses
- Celeb Makeup Mistakes
- Ryan Gosling's Leading Ladies
- Nicole Kidman's Golden Globe Fashion
- Katy Perry's Year as a Single Gal
- Celebs Who've Removed Romantic Tattoos
- Most Memorable Celeb Holiday Cards
- Five of the Worst Celeb Winter Wardrobes
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux's Romance Retro
- Stars Who Are Aging in Reverse
- Christina Aguilera's Worst Looks
- 2012's One Hit Wonders
- Celebs Without Makeup
- Best and Worst Beach Bodies of 2012
- 2012 Fashion Don'ts
- Craziest Beauty Trends of 2012
- Celebs Who Survived Cheating Scandals
- The Turkeys of 2012
- Kristen Stewart's Best Red Carpet Moments
- WATN: 'Less Than Zero'
- Star Couples Who Went from Friends to Lovers
- The Most Famous Celebrity Pets
- The Hottest Celebrity Halloween Costumes
- WATN: 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'
- Jessica Biel's White Hot Red Carpet Style
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite