Fierce Five Gymnasts Talk Kate Middleton, Spice Girls and Michelle Obama
Fresh off their historic multiple victories at the London Olympics, the United States' Fierce Five gymnasts -- Gabby Douglas, 16, McKayla Maroney, 16, Aly Raisman, 18, Kyla Ross, 15, and Jordyn Wieber, 17 -- were given a warm welcome home during a visit to Us Weekly's New York City offices August 14.
"Coming back to all this excitement, we had no idea what was going on back in the States," Wieber told Us in an exclusive video shoot. "I think everyone's really proud of us and we're just ready to celebrate."
During their triumphant run overseas, the athletes received widespread support from several A-list celebrities. "A lot of famous people have been tweeting us, and it's just really cool to know that the whole world is watching, no matter if they're famous or not," Maroney said. "We got tweeted by Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga -- all sorts of people who we love so much."
The Fierce Five didn't receive star support solely via Twitter; They also got to meet some of their idols in person, including Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge.
"Meeting Kate Middleton was so cool. She's so nice and so down-to-earth. We were leaving the arena and she came up and followed us because she wanted to meet us. We told her we loved her style and she said she loved our leotards," team captain Raisman told Us. "It was a really cool experience to see someone we all respect so much and to be able to just have a conversation with her."
While her teammates stayed in London to attend the closing ceremonies ("The Spice Girls were amazing!" Wieber raved), Douglas flew to Burbank, Calif. to tape the Tonight Show With Jay Leno with none other than First Lady Michelle Obama, 48.
"I love her so much," Douglas gushed. "She's so pretty and she's very well-mannered. She's amazing!"
For more from the Fierce Five -- including their thoughts on competing in the 2016 Rio Olympics, adjusting to life in the spotlight, and much more! -- watch the video above and pick up the new issue of Us Weekly, on sale Friday!
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Fierce Five Gymnasts Talk Kate Middleton, Spice Girls and Michelle Obama
- Brad Pitt's Changing Looks
- Hollywood's Hottest Dads
- Mark Wahlberg's Shirtless Looks
- Prince William & Duchess Kate's Cutest Couple Moments
- Stars with tattoos of other celebs
- Brooke Shields' Changing Looks
- Carrie Underwood's Evolving Looks
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Cast Yearbook Photos
- Worst Celeb Sunburns
- Celeb Twins
- Celebs Who Work Out on the Beach
- Country Music's Hottest Couples
- Worst spring wardrobes
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Romance Retro
- WATN: 'Boy Meets World'
- Tim McGraw's changing looks
- Craziest Kim Kardashian pregnancy rumors
- Celebs Who Look Like Their Pets
- Mariah & Nick's Matching Style
- Hollywood's Tomboys
- The Royal Couple's Favorite Sports
- Kim Kardashian's Curvy Maternity Style
- WATN: 'Jurassic Park'
- January Jones' Retro Looks
- The Rock's Soft Side
- WATN: 'Veronica Mars'
- WATN: 'Beetlejuice'
- Fergie's Changing Looks
- Star Twitter Quitters
- Hollywood's Hottest Ryans
- Insured Celebrity Body Parts
- Most Expensive Celeb Engagement Rings
- Sweetest Celeb PDA
- Kim Kardashian's Tightest Looks
- Olivia Wilde's Best Street Style
- Justin Timberlake's Many Looks
- Hottest Royal Beach Bodies
- Celebrity Pets with Famous Names
- Michelle Williams' Best Fashion Moments
- Lindsay Lohan's Changing Looks
- Justin Bieber's Changing Hair
- Most Awkward People on the Red Carpet
- WATN: '7th Heaven'
- Ke$ha's Worst Looks
- Worst Oscar Fashion
- George Clooney's Oscar Dates
- Most Embarrassing Celeb Splits
- Stars Before They Were Oscar Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence's Best Fashion Moments
- Rihanna's Sexiest Grammy Style
- Drew Barrymore's Craziest Looks
- Jennifer Aniston's Changing Looks
- Worst Dressed Celeb Designers
- Anne Hathaway's Oscar Looks
- Grammy's Hottest Couples
- Taylor Swift's Best Grammy Fashion
- WATN: 'Wonder Years'
- Destiny's Child's Most Iconic Looks
- Best Off-Season Bikini Bods
- Emma Stone's Best Red-Carpet Looks
- Celeb Flashers
- Mariah Carey's Biggest Feuds
- Mariah Carey's Wacky Wardrobe
- Britney Spears' Wackiest Red Carpet Poses
- Celeb Makeup Mistakes
- Ryan Gosling's Leading Ladies
- Nicole Kidman's Golden Globe Fashion
- Katy Perry's Year as a Single Gal
- Celebs Who've Removed Romantic Tattoos
- Most Memorable Celeb Holiday Cards
- Five of the Worst Celeb Winter Wardrobes
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux's Romance Retro
- Stars Who Are Aging in Reverse
- Christina Aguilera's Worst Looks
- 2012's One Hit Wonders
- Celebs Without Makeup
- Best and Worst Beach Bodies of 2012
- 2012 Fashion Don'ts
- Craziest Beauty Trends of 2012
- Celebs Who Survived Cheating Scandals
- The Turkeys of 2012
- Kristen Stewart's Best Red Carpet Moments
- WATN: 'Less Than Zero'
- Star Couples Who Went from Friends to Lovers
- The Most Famous Celebrity Pets
- The Hottest Celebrity Halloween Costumes
- WATN: 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'
- Jessica Biel's White Hot Red Carpet Style
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite