Gisele Bundchen on Track to Make $1 Billion
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.2 of 8
- Photo: Andre Penner/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Andre Penner/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com5 of 8
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debutMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:45:21 AM
- Wes Anderson 'Grand Budapest Hotel' Books Huge Limited Box-Office OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:03:00 AM
- Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberatingMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:43:52 AM
- Gettysburg wax museum selling historical figuresMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:19:01 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Bloodies Box Office With $45 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:01:00 AM
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
Beauty, brains and big bucks!
Gisele Bundchen is on her way to becoming the world's first billionaire supermodel and the first self-made billionaire from her native Brazil, Forbes predicts.
Why is the 30-year-old catwalker about to join the mega-rich? Bundchen, who has been featured on Forbes' Celebrity 100 list for 10 years, has been busy branding herself with a slew of projects: her lingerie brand Gisele Bundchen Brazilian Intimates, her skin-care line Sejaa Pure Skincare, and her line of sandals with Grendene.
Forbes writes, "According to a recent report in Brazilian newspaper Folha de Sao Paulo, Bundchen could add as much as R$ 30 million ($19 million) per year to her estimated $45 million annual income." The 5-foot-11 beauty's successful earning strategy can be attributed to her owning a stake in these companies as opposed to solely licensing her name to the brands.
In the 2011 Celebrity 100 list, Bundchen's $45 million figure landed her the No. 60 spot, while her New England Patriots quarterback husband Tom Brady, 33, holds down No. 55, bringing in $31 million. The high-earning power couple have an 18-month-old son, Benjamin.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
From Crowd Ignite