Gossip Girl: Get Serena and Blair's Hair and Makeup Right At Home
If you lust over Blair Waldorf's bright lipstick collection or Serena van der Woodsen's sexy, beachy waves, then Birchbox's latest Gossip Girl-inspired collection is for you.
Shipping now, Birchbox's four theme boxes contain the Kerastase hair products used on set by the show's hair department head Jennifer Johnson, the Dior Extase mascara lead makeup artist Amy Tagliamonti loves, plus other goodies inspired by your favorite Upper East Siders. Each box is available for just $10 at birchbox.com.
"Gossip Girl is one of the biggest trendsetters in fashion, but also in beauty," Birchbox co-founder Katia Beauchamp tells Us Weekly. "We collaborated with the makeup and hair teams on the Gossip Girl set and curated a selection of our favorite products. The whole idea of Birchbox is that you get to try a product before you buy it, so you splurge effectively, this avoiding that product graveyard we all have!"
While on the set of Birchbox's shoot with minions Jessica (Alice Callahan) and Penelope (Amanda Setton), Us got the scoop on Blair (Leighton Meester) and Serena's (Blake Lively) signature makeup and hair looks straight from the pros who have been creating them all this time.
"Blair has always been well put-together and her style is classic, but lately we've been experimenting with deeper and brighter lip colors," Tagliamonti tells Us. "I love berry colors on Leighton -- she really has perfect lips. Even oranges look really lovely on her."
As for Serena, "I would describe her makeup as warm, sunny and a bit fashion forward, but in an carefree way," says Tagliamonti. "We always focus on the eyes with a little shimmer and lots of mascara to keep her eyes popping and keep her skin warm and more natural."
And while Nate Archibald (Chace Crawford) underwent a major hair change a few seasons ago when he ditched his man bangs, Blair and Serena's hair has remained fairly consistent. "Serena's look is effortless, care-free and very California," Johnson explains. "Whereas Blair, who was so preoccupied with her hair being so perfect early on, has really learned to let her hair down."
Tune into Gossip Girl's season five finale on the CW May 14 at 8/7 c.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Gossip Girl: Get Serena and Blair's Hair and Makeup Right At Home
- Spike TV's 2013 Guys Choice Awards
- 2013 GLAAD Awards
- 2013 Coachella Hard Rock Lounge
- 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Kids' Choice Awards 2013
- Elton John's Oscar Viewing Bash
- 2013 Grammy Awards
- 2013 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party
- 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards
- 2012 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 'Breaking Dawn: Part 2' Premiere Red Carpet
- 2012 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Video Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- 'The Dictator' London Premiere
- 2012 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
- 2011 MTV Movie Awards
- 2011 Kids' Choice Awards Orange Carpet
- 2011 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Golden Globes NBC After Party Red Carpet
- 2011 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 MTV Video Music Awards White Carpet
- 2010 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- Spike Awards Red Carpet
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- Wango Tango Red Carpet
- Hot Tub Time Machine Red Carpet
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite