Grammy Awards 2013 Biggest Dress Code Violators: Jennifer Lopez, Kelly Rowland, Rihanna and More!
Fashion police was in full force at the the 2013 Grammy Awards. In advance of music's biggest night (and often most scandalous), CBS sent an e-mail to guests outlining a strict dress code, but some stars decided to ignore the rules.
"Please be sure that buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered. Thong type costumes are problematic. Please avoid exposing bare flesh under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack. Bare sides or under curvature of the breasts is also problematic," the e-mail stated (via Deadline). "Please avoid sheer see-through clothing that could possibly expose female breast nipples. Please be sure the genital region is adequately covered so that there is no visible 'puffy' bare skin exposure."
Not all stars followed the new dress code, however, and still rocked high slits, low-cut tops and sheer dresses on the red carpet at the Staples Center in L.A. Sunday, Feb. 10.
Take a look at the top 10 biggest dress code violators below.
As Pitbull joked on stage, Lopez "inspired the memo." The "Dance Again" singer, who wore the infamous green, cleavage-baring Versace dress to the 2000 Grammys, flashed a different body part this year: her leg. "They didn't say anything about leg!" Lopez, 43, who wore a black Anthony Zacarello gown with a super high slit over her right leg, told E! News. "I thought I was being such good girl -- [just] a little shoulder and a little leg."
The former Destiny's Child member, in a risque Georges Chakra Couture dress with strategically placed cutouts on her cleavage and thighs, violated numerous rules, chief among them showing ample cleavage and underboob. "Ha! It's so funny. I thought about the dress code and thought about it again and that's about it," Rowland, 32, told reporters backstage. "I respect. See, I wore clothes!"
The "Stay" singer, 24, decided to ignore the "please avoid sheer see-through clothing" part of the memo. Rihanna's nipples were visible in a sheer red Azzedine Alaia dress while posing on the red carpet.
4. Katy Perry
Crazy cleavage! The "Wide Awake" singer, 28, styled a mint green Gucci dress that flaunted her impressive cleavage with a jewel-outlined cutout. "I was inspired by Priscilla Presley in the '70s . . . Married to Elvis Presley, of course." she told E! News. "The bigger the hair the closer to God."
5. Alicia Keys
The memo said "bare sides or under curvature of the breasts is also problematic," but the "Girl on Fire" singer didn't seem to have a problem exposing her underboob. While performing onstage with Adam Levine, Keys, 32, changed from her Alai red carpet dress into a sheer black design that revealed the "under curvature" of her breasts.
The country singer was not a fan of the new dress code, and decided to wear a low-cut Roberto Cavalli gown that showed off her decolletage. "That was weird. My stylist was reading it to me. I can't get over the puffy skin part," Lambert, 29, told Entertainment Tonight. "What is puffy skin? Don't show puffy skin. I don't want to see anyone's puffy skin."
The 32-year-old singer bared a lot of cleavage and some serious leg in a sexy Tony Ward Couture gown. Working with her stylist, Ashtanti told reporters, "We had 11 options, then I saw this. I was like, 'Oh, my gosh. She is beautiful." She added, "I just thought it was kind of vintage and romantic and still classy and sexy at the same time."
8. Kat Dennings
Nip slip risk! The Two Broke Girls star, 26, who presented an award during the show, flaunted major cleavage in a sexy, strapless Vivienne West dress.
9. Monyetta Shaw
Ne-Yo's longtime girlfriend showed off her curves in a daring, low-cut little black dress. "You might be looking too hot for the wardrobe rules," Nancy O'Dell told her on the carpet."No, I think we're good," Ne-Yo said.
10. Christine Teigen
John Legend's gorgeous fiance revealed her midriff and right leg in high-slit, Joy Ciocci dress. But the 27-year-old model argued that she's following all the rules. "Wearing Joy Cioci tonight!" she tweeted. "Tried to avoid all rules of genitalia, side boob and puffy parts."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Grammy Awards 2013 Biggest Dress Code Violators: Jennifer Lopez, Kelly Rowland, Rihanna and More!
- Brad Pitt's Changing Looks
- Hollywood's Hottest Dads
- Mark Wahlberg's Shirtless Looks
- Prince William & Duchess Kate's Cutest Couple Moments
- Stars with tattoos of other celebs
- Brooke Shields' Changing Looks
- Carrie Underwood's Evolving Looks
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Cast Yearbook Photos
- Worst Celeb Sunburns
- Celeb Twins
- Celebs Who Work Out on the Beach
- Country Music's Hottest Couples
- Worst spring wardrobes
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Romance Retro
- WATN: 'Boy Meets World'
- Tim McGraw's changing looks
- Craziest Kim Kardashian pregnancy rumors
- Celebs Who Look Like Their Pets
- Mariah & Nick's Matching Style
- Hollywood's Tomboys
- The Royal Couple's Favorite Sports
- Kim Kardashian's Curvy Maternity Style
- WATN: 'Jurassic Park'
- January Jones' Retro Looks
- The Rock's Soft Side
- WATN: 'Veronica Mars'
- WATN: 'Beetlejuice'
- Fergie's Changing Looks
- Star Twitter Quitters
- Hollywood's Hottest Ryans
- Insured Celebrity Body Parts
- Most Expensive Celeb Engagement Rings
- Sweetest Celeb PDA
- Kim Kardashian's Tightest Looks
- Olivia Wilde's Best Street Style
- Justin Timberlake's Many Looks
- Hottest Royal Beach Bodies
- Celebrity Pets with Famous Names
- Michelle Williams' Best Fashion Moments
- Lindsay Lohan's Changing Looks
- Justin Bieber's Changing Hair
- Most Awkward People on the Red Carpet
- WATN: '7th Heaven'
- Ke$ha's Worst Looks
- Worst Oscar Fashion
- George Clooney's Oscar Dates
- Most Embarrassing Celeb Splits
- Stars Before They Were Oscar Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence's Best Fashion Moments
- Rihanna's Sexiest Grammy Style
- Drew Barrymore's Craziest Looks
- Jennifer Aniston's Changing Looks
- Worst Dressed Celeb Designers
- Anne Hathaway's Oscar Looks
- Grammy's Hottest Couples
- Taylor Swift's Best Grammy Fashion
- WATN: 'Wonder Years'
- Destiny's Child's Most Iconic Looks
- Best Off-Season Bikini Bods
- Emma Stone's Best Red-Carpet Looks
- Celeb Flashers
- Mariah Carey's Biggest Feuds
- Mariah Carey's Wacky Wardrobe
- Britney Spears' Wackiest Red Carpet Poses
- Celeb Makeup Mistakes
- Ryan Gosling's Leading Ladies
- Nicole Kidman's Golden Globe Fashion
- Katy Perry's Year as a Single Gal
- Celebs Who've Removed Romantic Tattoos
- Most Memorable Celeb Holiday Cards
- Five of the Worst Celeb Winter Wardrobes
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux's Romance Retro
- Stars Who Are Aging in Reverse
- Christina Aguilera's Worst Looks
- 2012's One Hit Wonders
- Celebs Without Makeup
- Best and Worst Beach Bodies of 2012
- 2012 Fashion Don'ts
- Craziest Beauty Trends of 2012
- Celebs Who Survived Cheating Scandals
- The Turkeys of 2012
- Kristen Stewart's Best Red Carpet Moments
- WATN: 'Less Than Zero'
- Star Couples Who Went from Friends to Lovers
- The Most Famous Celebrity Pets
- The Hottest Celebrity Halloween Costumes
- WATN: 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'
- Jessica Biel's White Hot Red Carpet Style
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite