Heidi Klum walks Emmy red carpet in take-that gown
Newly single Heidi Klum might not stay that way for long: Her seafoam-green gown made waves on the Emmy red carpet with a plunging front, plunging back and slits up-to-there, leaving very little in the middle.
She was among the arrivals who made Sunday's red carpet at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles awash in color. There was plenty of red, including on Kat Dennings of "2 Broke Girls" in J. Mendel, "Once Upon a Time" star Ginnifer Goodwin in red flame over champagne by Monique Lhuillier and Tina Fey of "30 Rock" in dark red with gold bust details by Vivienne Westwood.
"Top Chef" host Padma Lakshmi wore an orange strapless gown by Lhuillier that made her an early trending topic on Twitter, and actress Leslie Mann had on a bright orange skirt on her bare beaded halter gown by Naeem Khan. Claire Danes of "Homeland" wore bright yellow.
Hayden Panettiere of ABC's "Nashville" wore straight-from-the-runway Marchesa, a blue tulle over gold embroidery sari shown at New York Fashion Week earlier this month.
Klum's gown was by French designer Alexandre Vaultier and she had a sexy '70s wave to her hair.
Celebrities build their fashion reputation largely from the red carpet, Lhuillier said, and they'll affect trends for color, silhouette and embellishments.
Lhuillier said Emmy gowns were already in the works earlier this month when she presented her most recent catwalk collection — one in which she declared "the ballgown is gone." Instead, she focused her full-length dresses in mermaid and other sleeker hemlines.
Not everyone watching TV will need a gown in the coming weeks or months, but when they do, they'll often turn to the brands they hear about at the Emmys, Oscars or Grammys, Lhuillier said. "That's what a red carpet does for a company like mine."
Louise Roe, a fashion commentator and Glamour magazine editor, who'll host of the second season of NBC's "Fashion Star," said her eyes will be on the lookout for anything eye-catching, especially if anyone taps into the harnesses, sheer panels and cutout bodices that designers are offering for 2013.
She thinks stars from "Gossip Girl" and "Revenge" could be among those to watch.
There's always someone who takes the high-fashion risk on the Emmy red carpet. It was Gwyneth Paltrow and her belly-baring, metallic lace number last year. It wasn't a critical favorite, but now — in retrospect — it seemed like the spark for many of the current runway trends.
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite