Aussies sorry for crank call to Kate's hospital
- Photo: APL/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 17
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Arthur Edwards/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin11 of 17
- Photo: Barcroft Media/StarTraks12 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA13 of 17
- Photo: WENN14 of 17
- Photo: WENN15 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA16 of 17
More Celeb News
- NASCAR Star Tony Stewart's Case in Death of Fellow Driver Heads to Grand JuryMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 2:00:00 PM
- Top 20 TV Ratings: NFL Dominates, 'Biggest Loser' and 'Hell's KiMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 1:40:00 PM
- 'Royal Pains' Star Mark Feuerstein Joining 'Nurse Jackie's&aMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 1:02:00 PM
- CNN's Nischelle Turner Joining 'Entertainment Tonight' as Correspondent (MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 12:40:00 PM
- 'Ellen' Show's Return Banks Highest-Rated Week in Show HistoryMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 12:29:00 PM
- NASCAR Star Tony Stewart's Case in Death of Fellow Driver Heads to Grand Jury
LONDON (AP) — Two Australian radio disc jockeys apologized Wednesday after impersonating Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles in a prank call and getting a London hospital to tell them all about Kate Middleton's condition.
The King Edward VII hospital in London acknowledged that the Australian radio station made the hoax call to the hospital in the early hours Tuesday -- and that the hospital fell for it.
The 30-year-old Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant and is being treated at the hospital for severe morning sickness.
A woman using the often-mimicked voice of Britain's monarch asked after the duchess' health -- and was told by a nurse that Kate "hasn't had any retching with me and she's been sleeping on and off."
"She's sleeping at the moment and she has had an uneventful night. She's been given some fluids. She's stable at the moment," the kindly nurse informed the supposed queen and prince on the station's recording. A dog yaps in the background while the alleged queen and prince talk about traveling to the hospital to check in on the patient.
"I would suggest that any time after 9 o'clock will be suitable to visit," the nurse said. "We'll be getting her freshened up."
The duchess is married to the queen's grandson, Prince William.
The hospital says the call had been transferred to the ward and the conversation was held with one of its nursing staff. Its telephone protocols are now being reviewed, the hospital said in a statement.
The Australian station 2DayFM placed the recording of the conversation on its website.
Australian radio personalities Mel Greig and Michael Christian later apologized for the hoax -- along with their station.
"We were very surprised that our call was put through. We thought we'd be hung up on as soon as they heard our terrible accents," they said in a joint statement with the station. "We're very sorry if we've caused any issues and we're glad to hear that Kate is doing well."
The duchess is spending her third day in the hospital. William visited his wife at the hospital on Wednesday, while media from around the world camped outside, seeking any news on the royal pregnancy.
Officials from St. James's Palace have said the duchess is not yet 12 weeks pregnant with the couple's first child.
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite