How long will it take Duchess Kate and Prince William to name the royal baby?
- Photo: Danny Martindale/Getty Images North America1 of 12
- Photo: Mirrorpix/Splash News2 of 12
- Photo: Wonderwall3 of 12
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA4 of 12
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Wonderwall5 of 12
- Photo: Vincent Thian/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: OLIVIA HARRIS/Reuters7 of 12
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex / Rex USA/Wonderwall8 of 12
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA9 of 12
- Photo: Splash News10 of 12
- Photo: APL/WENN11 of 12
More Celeb News
- New 'Mad Men' Final Season Images, Explained by Matthew WeinerMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential ReplacementsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:05:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out as GayMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- Inside President Obama's Funny or Die VideoMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- New 'Mad Men' Final Season Images, Explained by Matthew Weiner
What's in a name? Duchess Kate and Prince William have had months (nine, to be exact!) to prepare for their impending bundle of joy, but when it comes to naming the newest royal, the happy couple may still need to take a few days to come to a consensus.
Prince William's own parents, Prince Charles and Princess Diana, spent a full seven days deciding upon his moniker, while Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip waited a full month before naming Charles.
Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, duchess of York, spent two weeks pondering the name of their little girl (and William's cousin) before naming her Beatrice.
Kate and William have struck a good middle ground thus far in their own name game: The pair took three weeks to figure out a name for their cocker spaniel before deciding to name him Lupo, which means "wolf" in Italian.
Kate, who is officially due on July 11, is "a little nervous" about going into labor, but is "full of energy and really rather used to the bump!" a source tells Us Weekly of the first-time mother-to-be.
And once the baby has arrived, the source adds, the name will be the least of the busy duchess's worries.
"She's still busy, making sure she's done as much as possible for the new house before the baby is born," the source tells Us of Kate's plans for the couple's new 20-room flat in Kensington Palace. "Once the baby is here, she won't have time for anything else!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite