Louisiana native Ian Somerhalder, 34, spills his secrets to Us Weekly. You can catch him on The Vampire Diaries on CW Thursdays at 8 P.M.
1. I went to my first Mardi Gras at 3 months old.
2. My friend Butch introduced me to Nietzsche at 16 years old and changed my world.
3. If I wasn't an actor, I'd be a marine biologist.
4. I found my cat on the Lost set.
5. I consider my pets to be mine, my family's and my friends'-- so I have more than I could count.
PHOTOS: Super Bowl 2013: All the Stars
6. I love social media because it's a total game changer.
7. I flew 83 times last year.
8. I can write in cursive with my feet.
9. I would love to go to Mars.
10. I have to eat every hour.
11. Fast food freaks me out.
12. The thing I miss most about my hometown-- Covington, Louisiana-- is being immersed in nature.
PHOTOS: Celebs Rock Out at Coachella
13. When I need to get away, I hook my Airstream trailer to my Audi hybrid and disappear deep into the wilderness.
14. I wish I could paint.
15. Spaghetti Westerns are my favorite movies.
16. I cofounded the IS Foundation in 2010 to empower and educate our youth.
17. The women in my life have had the most impact on who I am today.
18. I put truffle oil on everything I eat.
19. My last meal would be gumbo.
PHOTOS: Stars at Comic-Con 2011
20. I won't eat Tangerines on Tuesdays.
21. I've met Grumpy Cat.
22. I want to see the end of deforestation through sustainable solutions.
23. I wish we could all understand that sustainability, education, innovation and compassion are essential for progress on our planet.
24. My guilty pleasure is Cap'n Crunch.
25. I'm writing this list in the back of a New York City taxicab.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Ian Somerhalder: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.
© 2014 Microsoft