James Van Der Beek shares the 25 things you don’t know about him with Us Weekly. The former Dawson’s Creek star, 35, can be seen on Don’t Trust the B---- in Apt 23 on ABC Tuesdays at 9:30pm.
1. I was Danny Zuko in my seventh-grade play, Grease.
2. My first kiss was with one of the Pink Ladies.
3. I’ve only dyed my hair blond once, after Varsity Blues.
4. I’m dyslexic.
5. Every character I play has a soundtrack.
6. I started out doing theater in NYC.
PHOTOS: '90s TV stars, then and now
7. It took me a year to land my first job.
8. I never wear white or black socks.
9. I train in Krav Maga, a technique used by the Israeli Special Forces.
10. I usually have a Yo Gabba Gabba! song stuck in my head.
11. My dad was once a minor-league pitcher.
12. I believe every religion captures a piece of the truth.
13. Mary Beth Peil, who was Grams on Dawson’s Creek, is one of my favorite people.
14. I suck at math.
PHOTOS: Top 10 TV Shows of 2012
15. My IMDB says my middle name is William.
16. It’s actually David.
17. As an adult, I played baseball in the Asian-American wood bat league.
18. I have a knot in my left shoulder from carrying my kids [Olivia, 2, and Joshua, 10 months] with my left arm.
19. My kids don’t like my right arm.
20. I met my wife, Kimberly, in Israel.
21. My mom was a pro dancer.
PHOTOS: Hot Winter TV Shows to Watch
22. The fake me on Apt 23 has mentioned many jobs, but only three are on my real résumé.
23. I don’t over-tweet.
24. My first onscreen kiss: Melissa Joan Hart on Clarissa Explains It All.
25. I’ve never seen the Dawson’s Creek finale!
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: James Van Der Beek: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.
© 2014 Microsoft