Jim Parsons, 'Big Bang Theory' actor, opens up about boyfriend Todd Spiewak
- Photo: Retna Digital/.1 of 11
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision for Academy of Television Arts & Sciences/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Bishop/Retna Digital7 of 11
- Photo: INB/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- MTV's 'Awkward' Star Beau Mirchoff Joins NBC's Manson Series &amMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:14:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to Creat
Jim Parsons continues to show his pride for boyfriend of 10 years, Todd Spiewak. The "Big Bang Theory" actor opened up about his relationship with Spiewak while being honored at the GLESN Respect Awards at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Friday.
"It was surprising to hear that we were getting an inspiration award. We feel very average, we feel very normal," the 40-year-old star told Us Weekly at the event. "We really do. The strange stuff is the Hollywood stuff we have to walk through, not the gay stuff we have to walk through."
Parsons received the Inspiration Award by LGBT young advocacy group GLESN and was taken back by the whole idea of it. "It's very moving. It's very surprising and I think once we got over the shock of it, we were able to feel the honor of it," he explained.
An eyewitness revealed to Us that the couple looked absolutely smitten as they both answered questions on the red carpet. "Jim and Todd are very cute together," an onlooker told Us. "When Jim [was] talking, Todd [was] looking at him the entire time with a big proud grin on his face."
Once on stage to accept the award, Parsons told the crowd that he doesn't consider himself an activist. Instead, the true aspirations are like GLESN's student ambassadors.
"I've never considered myself an activist. I've never considered my relationship with Todd to be an act of activism," he said of his relationship. "Rather simply, it's an act of love, coffee in the morning, going to work, washing the clothes, taking the dogs [out]; a regular life, boring love."
One month earlier, the CBS star thanked Spiewak at the 2013 Primetime Emmys while accepting the award for Best Actor in a Comedy Series. "[Thanks] to my favorite person on the planet, Todd Spiewak," he said on stage, as his costars Kaley Cuoco and Mayim Bialik cried in the audience.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite