Jim Parsons, 'Big Bang Theory' actor, opens up about boyfriend Todd Spiewak
- Photo: Retna Digital/.1 of 11
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision for Academy of Television Arts & Sciences/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Bishop/Retna Digital7 of 11
- Photo: INB/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Jim Parsons continues to show his pride for boyfriend of 10 years, Todd Spiewak. The "Big Bang Theory" actor opened up about his relationship with Spiewak while being honored at the GLESN Respect Awards at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Friday.
"It was surprising to hear that we were getting an inspiration award. We feel very average, we feel very normal," the 40-year-old star told Us Weekly at the event. "We really do. The strange stuff is the Hollywood stuff we have to walk through, not the gay stuff we have to walk through."
Parsons received the Inspiration Award by LGBT young advocacy group GLESN and was taken back by the whole idea of it. "It's very moving. It's very surprising and I think once we got over the shock of it, we were able to feel the honor of it," he explained.
An eyewitness revealed to Us that the couple looked absolutely smitten as they both answered questions on the red carpet. "Jim and Todd are very cute together," an onlooker told Us. "When Jim [was] talking, Todd [was] looking at him the entire time with a big proud grin on his face."
Once on stage to accept the award, Parsons told the crowd that he doesn't consider himself an activist. Instead, the true aspirations are like GLESN's student ambassadors.
"I've never considered myself an activist. I've never considered my relationship with Todd to be an act of activism," he said of his relationship. "Rather simply, it's an act of love, coffee in the morning, going to work, washing the clothes, taking the dogs [out]; a regular life, boring love."
One month earlier, the CBS star thanked Spiewak at the 2013 Primetime Emmys while accepting the award for Best Actor in a Comedy Series. "[Thanks] to my favorite person on the planet, Todd Spiewak," he said on stage, as his costars Kaley Cuoco and Mayim Bialik cried in the audience.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite