Justin Timberlake Denies That He Called Britney Spears a "Bitch"
Is Justin Timberlake's long-ago breakup with ex-girlfriend Britney Spears still on his brain? Some at the "Suit & Tie" singer's DirecTV Super Bowl-eve concert thought so -- thanks to an offhand comment he reportedly made about a former relationship with "some bitch."
On Saturday, Feb. 2, Timberlake, 32, took the stage in New Orleans for his first live show in five years. Backed by a 13-piece band and four back-up singers, he rocked the house for nearly two hours with a mix of new tracks from his upcoming album, The 20/20 Experience, and fan favorites from his previous records, Justified and FutureSex/LoveSounds. Among the older hits on his setlist? "Cry Me a River," the ultimate kiss-off anthem, which he wrote after his epic 2002 breakup with the "Hold It Against Me" starlet, 31.
"Sometimes in life, you think you found the one," Timberlake reportedly told the crowd before launching into the song. "But then one day you find out that she is just some bitch."
After the concert, the newly married musician apparently felt compelled to set the record straight. "OK. I see you. Wouldn't disrespect ANYONE personally. Ever," he tweeted on Feb. 3, alluding to his comments the night before. "#Relax #ItsBritneyBitch I do love that saying though *with accent* #Respect" ("It's Britney, bitch" is a line from Spears' hit "Gimme More." Since the song's 2007 release, the phrase has been sampled in various other tunes, including "Til the World Ends," featuring Nicki Minaj and Ke$ha, and will.i.am's "Scream & Shout.")
Timberlake, who married Jessica Biel in October 2012, hasn't spoken much recently about his relationship with Spears, but he did tell Vanity Fair in 2011 that he wished her the best. "That goes without saying," he told the magazine, adding that they hadn't spoken in "nine or ten years."
"We were two birds of the feather -- small-town kids, doing the same thing," he said of Spears, whom he first worked with on The Mickey Mouse Club in 1992. "But then you become adults, and the way you were as kids doesn't make any sense. I won't speak on her, but at least for me, I was a totally different person. I just don't think we were normal; there was nothing normal about our existence."
Not that Spears' life is so normal now. The last decade has been a tumultuous one for the singer, full of ups and downs in both her professional and personal life. Most recently, she quit her job as a judge on The X Factor and broke off her engagement to fiance Jason Trawick.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Justin Timberlake Denies That He Called Britney Spears a "Bitch"
Get the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
We look back at the Kardashian clan's Greek yachting trip on April 27.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Will Sharon and Ozzy's marriage survive his addiction issues? Get the latest on the tabloid reports on Replay.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite