Duchess Kate and Prince Harry became closer during pregnancy, palace insider says
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 19
- Photo: PAUL HACKETT/Reuters3 of 19
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA4 of 19
- Photo: Robert F. Bukaty/Invision/AP5 of 19
- Photo: Splash News6 of 19
- Photo: KPB/WENN7 of 19
- Photo: WENN8 of 19
- Photo: WENN9 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA10 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 19
- Photo: APL/WENN12 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA13 of 19
- Photo: Tim Hales/Invision/AP14 of 19
- Photo: Alastair Grant/Invision/AP15 of 19
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN17 of 19
- Photo: Nick Harvey/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Duchess Kate officially became a part of the royal family when she married Prince William at Westminster Abbey on April 29, 2011. Though she was given a warm welcome by everyone from Queen Elizabeth II to Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cambridge has become especially tight with her brother-in-law, Prince Harry, since announcing her pregnancy in December 2012.
"The baby has brought them closer," a palace insider reveals in Us Weekly's Raising a Royal Baby. "He told her not to be afraid to call, no matter the time of day." As it happens, Harry's flat is a mere 150 feet away from Kate's two-bedroom Nottingham Cottage on the Kensington Palace grounds.
The duchess, 31, was due to give birth on July 11. Harry, 28, returned to the United Kingdom just one day earlier after spending three days training with the Walking With the Wounded South Pole team in Iceland.
Harry first visited the country in March, as he is training to raise funds for the charity in November. (Walking With the Wounded focuses on funding rehabilitation and education for soldiers who have been wounded in combat. Harry and his team have been training for the challenge on the Langjokull glacier.)
And proving that he is a part of a new class of down-to-Earth royals, Prince Harry chose to fly on a low-cost airline to the event. "We're both honored and impressed that he chose to fly with us," a spokesperson for WOW Air, a low-cost Icelandic airline, said in a statement. "It goes to show that despite offering cheap flights to Iceland, WOW Air is fit for a king!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite