Duchess Kate makes adorable face, dresses baby bump in blue
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA1 of 9
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 9
- Photo: McPix Ltd/Rex USA3 of 9
- Photo: Rex / Rex USA/Wonderwall4 of 9
- Photo: Olivia Harris/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: Matt Dunham/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Danny Lawson/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
Duchess Kate isn't just happy to be pregnant, she's ecstatic! The Duchess of Cambridge stepped out for an evening engagement at the National Portrait Gallery in a pale blue Emilia Wickstead frock and matching heels on Wednesday and practically glowed as she greeted the gathered crowds.
Kate's knee-skimming, sleeveless dress showed off her arms, but only gave a hint of her growing baby bump with its cinched waist structure. The 31-year-old mother-to-be was due to host a reception for The Art Room, a charity that works with children to increase their self-confidence and independence through art.
Upon arrival, Kate gave a short speech, telling the room, "I am a firm believer in the power of art to make a difference and The Art Room makes this on a daily basis." The cheerful royal also praised the way the foundation has helped children "fulfill their potential" by staying within the educational system.
And the Duchess has another reason to look so happy -- the photographer responsible for snapping shots of her bathing topless during a vacation with husband Prince William has been placed under formal criminal investigation, sources told Us Weekly.
Paris insiders have identified the photographer as Valerie Suau, who is believed to have been arrested by police earlier this month. Though she has denied taking any "indecent" photographs of the duchess (purportedly with a long lens), Kate's lawyer Aurelien Hamelle says the photographs still showed her client in a "highly intimate moment."
Kate, who is due to give birth in July, has been turning her focus to charity works and public appearances in recent months instead, but the investigation marks a legal triumph.
Just one day before, she gave onlookers more of a peek at her round baby belly while out to visit a primary school in Manchester, England, wearing a clingy printed "Sophia" dress by Erdem paired with dark blue pumps.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite