Duchess Kate, Prince William 'giggle' in aircraft cockpit during air force visit
- Photo: pool/GettyImages.com1 of 15
- Photo: pool/GettyImages.com2 of 15
- Photo: XPOS/GSI3 of 15
- Photo: Martin Hunter/AP4 of 15
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA5 of 15
- Photo: Splash News6 of 15
- Photo: Martin Hunter/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Ross Setford/SNPA/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Mark Mitchell/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Ross Setford/AP10 of 15
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 15
- Photo: ROSS SETFORD/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Pool/Samir Hussein/WireImage/.13 of 15
- Photo: Fiona Goodall/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
In true form, the Duchess of Cambridge, 32, pulled out yet another fashionable look for the day, as she donned a snorkel blue LK Bennett dress for the special occasion. (It's the first high street outfit she's worn during a formal royal tour engagement, and is listed at $245.) She accessorized the chic look with an Oroton clutch, which is an Australian brand and approximately $115.
The royal pair arrived without 10-month-old Prince George in a RAAF plane, and met RAAF officials and their partners. "Kate was very chatty and didn't seem to mind being out in the blazing sun without sunglasses," an eyewitness tells Us. After introductions, the twosome climbed inside an F/A-18 Super Hornet fighter plane cockpit, with Middleton leading the way. The onlooker adds: "They both giggled at him being her co-pilot."
Kate and Prince William were greeted by Chief of Australian Defense Force, General, as the Duke was invited to inspect Number 1 Squadron, which was used during the First World War. Stephen Chappell, Commanding Officer of Number 1 Squadron, noted that Kate was fascinated by the "dials and gadgets" on the fighter aircraft. There was "bi-play between the two as to who was sitting in what seat," he remarked.
Afterward, the couple planted a tree at the RAAF Memorial Garden and Kate was presented with a posy of flowers by 9-year-old Ashleigh Kearnan, whose father, Flight Lieutenant Charles Kearnan, served three tours in Afghanistan.
The royals later had a laugh when presented with a boomerang by twin brothers Ellijah and Tobee Dyer. As Prince William took the gift, one said: "It's not for you, its for the princess to give to George." The royal dad laughed: "They want you to have it, not me," as he handed it to Kate.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Lovin'
From Crowd Ignite