Kate Middleton, Prince William Missing Christmas With Queen Elizabeth II at Sandringham Estate
- Photo: KPB/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: WENN3 of 11
- Photo: WENN4 of 11
- Photo: WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: BBC/.7 of 11
- Photo: WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 11
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Kate Middleton will be home for Christmas -- and not just in her dreams.
The pregnant Duchess, who has been battling an acute form of morning sickness known as hyperemesis gravidarum, plans to celebrate the holiday with her husband, Prince William, at her parents' home in Bucklebury, the palace tells Us. There, they will be joined by Middleton's siblings, Pippa, 29, and James, 25, as well as several other relatives.
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will spend Christmas Day privately with the Middleton family," a spokesperson for St. James's Palace confirms to Us Weekly.
The decision is no doubt a disappointment to Queen Elizabeth II, who recently invited the Duchess' parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, to be the first-ever non-royals to attend her traditional -- and super exclusive -- Christmas gathering at Sandringham Estate. As the new issue of Us Weekly reveals, Her Majesty hoped that the gesture would be an incentive for the prince and his wife to join the celebration "despite this difficult time."
Insiders told Us that the royal couple's Christmas plans would depend on how the Duchess was feeling in the time leading up to the big day. "If Catherine doesn't go, William probably won't either," an aide explained.
All is not lost, however. The palace tells Us that while the Duke and Duchess are spending Dec. 25 in Bucklebury, they'll visit Sandringham "at some point" over the holiday period.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kate Middleton, Prince William Missing Christmas With Queen Elizabeth II at Sandringham Estate
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite