Kate Middleton, Prince William Missing Christmas With Queen Elizabeth II at Sandringham Estate
- Photo: KPB/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: WENN3 of 11
- Photo: WENN4 of 11
- Photo: WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: BBC/.7 of 11
- Photo: WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 11
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
Kate Middleton will be home for Christmas -- and not just in her dreams.
The pregnant Duchess, who has been battling an acute form of morning sickness known as hyperemesis gravidarum, plans to celebrate the holiday with her husband, Prince William, at her parents' home in Bucklebury, the palace tells Us. There, they will be joined by Middleton's siblings, Pippa, 29, and James, 25, as well as several other relatives.
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will spend Christmas Day privately with the Middleton family," a spokesperson for St. James's Palace confirms to Us Weekly.
The decision is no doubt a disappointment to Queen Elizabeth II, who recently invited the Duchess' parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, to be the first-ever non-royals to attend her traditional -- and super exclusive -- Christmas gathering at Sandringham Estate. As the new issue of Us Weekly reveals, Her Majesty hoped that the gesture would be an incentive for the prince and his wife to join the celebration "despite this difficult time."
Insiders told Us that the royal couple's Christmas plans would depend on how the Duchess was feeling in the time leading up to the big day. "If Catherine doesn't go, William probably won't either," an aide explained.
All is not lost, however. The palace tells Us that while the Duke and Duchess are spending Dec. 25 in Bucklebury, they'll visit Sandringham "at some point" over the holiday period.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kate Middleton, Prince William Missing Christmas With Queen Elizabeth II at Sandringham Estate
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite