Kate Middleton, Prince William Missing Christmas With Queen Elizabeth II at Sandringham Estate
- Photo: KPB/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: WENN3 of 11
- Photo: WENN4 of 11
- Photo: WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: BBC/.7 of 11
- Photo: WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 11
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Kate Middleton will be home for Christmas -- and not just in her dreams.
The pregnant Duchess, who has been battling an acute form of morning sickness known as hyperemesis gravidarum, plans to celebrate the holiday with her husband, Prince William, at her parents' home in Bucklebury, the palace tells Us. There, they will be joined by Middleton's siblings, Pippa, 29, and James, 25, as well as several other relatives.
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will spend Christmas Day privately with the Middleton family," a spokesperson for St. James's Palace confirms to Us Weekly.
The decision is no doubt a disappointment to Queen Elizabeth II, who recently invited the Duchess' parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, to be the first-ever non-royals to attend her traditional -- and super exclusive -- Christmas gathering at Sandringham Estate. As the new issue of Us Weekly reveals, Her Majesty hoped that the gesture would be an incentive for the prince and his wife to join the celebration "despite this difficult time."
Insiders told Us that the royal couple's Christmas plans would depend on how the Duchess was feeling in the time leading up to the big day. "If Catherine doesn't go, William probably won't either," an aide explained.
All is not lost, however. The palace tells Us that while the Duke and Duchess are spending Dec. 25 in Bucklebury, they'll visit Sandringham "at some point" over the holiday period.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kate Middleton, Prince William Missing Christmas With Queen Elizabeth II at Sandringham Estate
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite