Kate Middleton, Prince William Missing Christmas With Queen Elizabeth II at Sandringham Estate
- Photo: KPB/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: WENN3 of 11
- Photo: WENN4 of 11
- Photo: WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: BBC/.7 of 11
- Photo: WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 11
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones' Breaks Its Own Piracy Record With Purple Wedding EpisodeMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 8:20:00 AM
- The View to Unite All 11 Co-Hosts for Barbara Walters FarewellMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 7:23:00 AM
- Mets' Minor League Team Is Hosting 'Seinfeld' Night, Complete With Puffy MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 7:21:00 AM
- 'The View' to Reunite All 11 Co-Hosts for Barbara Walters FarewellMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 6:48:00 AM
- Boston Bombing Project Moving Forward as Miniseries at EOne TV (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 6:29:00 AM
- 'Game of Thrones' Breaks Its Own Piracy Record With Purple Wedding Episode
Kate Middleton will be home for Christmas -- and not just in her dreams.
The pregnant Duchess, who has been battling an acute form of morning sickness known as hyperemesis gravidarum, plans to celebrate the holiday with her husband, Prince William, at her parents' home in Bucklebury, the palace tells Us. There, they will be joined by Middleton's siblings, Pippa, 29, and James, 25, as well as several other relatives.
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will spend Christmas Day privately with the Middleton family," a spokesperson for St. James's Palace confirms to Us Weekly.
The decision is no doubt a disappointment to Queen Elizabeth II, who recently invited the Duchess' parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, to be the first-ever non-royals to attend her traditional -- and super exclusive -- Christmas gathering at Sandringham Estate. As the new issue of Us Weekly reveals, Her Majesty hoped that the gesture would be an incentive for the prince and his wife to join the celebration "despite this difficult time."
Insiders told Us that the royal couple's Christmas plans would depend on how the Duchess was feeling in the time leading up to the big day. "If Catherine doesn't go, William probably won't either," an aide explained.
All is not lost, however. The palace tells Us that while the Duke and Duchess are spending Dec. 25 in Bucklebury, they'll visit Sandringham "at some point" over the holiday period.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kate Middleton, Prince William Missing Christmas With Queen Elizabeth II at Sandringham Estate
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite