Kate Middleton, Prince William Missing Christmas With Queen Elizabeth II at Sandringham Estate
- Photo: KPB/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: WENN3 of 11
- Photo: WENN4 of 11
- Photo: WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: BBC/.7 of 11
- Photo: WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 11
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential PeoplMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 8:05:00 AM
- Kevin Clash, Voice of Elmo, Cleared of Sex Abuse ChargesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 6:57:00 AM
- Review: 'Hearthstone' card game is the real dealMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 5:46:01 AM
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone BoyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:00:00 AM
- American Idol: Who Blew the Judges Away?MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 7:31:00 PM
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential Peopl
Kate Middleton will be home for Christmas -- and not just in her dreams.
The pregnant Duchess, who has been battling an acute form of morning sickness known as hyperemesis gravidarum, plans to celebrate the holiday with her husband, Prince William, at her parents' home in Bucklebury, the palace tells Us. There, they will be joined by Middleton's siblings, Pippa, 29, and James, 25, as well as several other relatives.
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will spend Christmas Day privately with the Middleton family," a spokesperson for St. James's Palace confirms to Us Weekly.
The decision is no doubt a disappointment to Queen Elizabeth II, who recently invited the Duchess' parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, to be the first-ever non-royals to attend her traditional -- and super exclusive -- Christmas gathering at Sandringham Estate. As the new issue of Us Weekly reveals, Her Majesty hoped that the gesture would be an incentive for the prince and his wife to join the celebration "despite this difficult time."
Insiders told Us that the royal couple's Christmas plans would depend on how the Duchess was feeling in the time leading up to the big day. "If Catherine doesn't go, William probably won't either," an aide explained.
All is not lost, however. The palace tells Us that while the Duke and Duchess are spending Dec. 25 in Bucklebury, they'll visit Sandringham "at some point" over the holiday period.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kate Middleton, Prince William Missing Christmas With Queen Elizabeth II at Sandringham Estate
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite