Duchess Kate says Prince George is a 'mix of both of us' on first night out with Prince William
- Photo: GettyImages.com1 of 9
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA2 of 9
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA3 of 9
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA4 of 9
- Photo: GettyImages.com5 of 9
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: ECAA/ZDS/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Duchess Kate and Prince William's first night out as new parents was quite the glamorous affair! The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, both 31, looked better than ever -- with Kate wearing a stunning, custom-made Jenny Packham dress worth an estimated $6,300! -- attending The Tusk Conservation Awards at The Royal Society in London on Thursday.
An eyewitness tells Us Weekly that William and his wife "looked very relaxed together" while making their way to a meet-and-greet in the lobby. The couple greeted a group of wildlife conservationists and chatted with Gabon President Ali Bongo Ondimba, who asked about their less than two-month-old son, Prince George.
"We've left him at home for the first time," William told Ondimba. When asked who their son looked like most, Kate replied, "Like most babies, he's got a mix of both of us."
After the greetings, the couple headed to a private reception to meet award winners and then walked into the dining room. The elegant setting featured ten tables accommodating between 8 and 10 people, lavishly decorated with flowers. Each place setting had a gift box from Tiffany & Co.
William sat next to Ondimba, while Kate sat next to his glamorous wife, Sylvia. The meal included a tomato consomme with celeriac custard and spiced avocado puree for the starter, and Elwy Valley Lamb for the main course.
Speaking to the crowd during the awards, William joked about being a new dad. "As you might have gathered, Catherine and I have recently become proud parents -- of a baby who has a voice to match any lion's roar!" he said. "This is actually our first evening out without him, so please excuse us if you see us nervously casting cheeky glances at our mobile phone to check all is well back home."
Their first night out, however, seemed to be a success. An eyewitness tells Us that upon leaving the event, "Kate was still smiling and waved to a few members of the public waiting on the pavement as their car pulled away."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Babe
From Crowd Ignite