Duchess Kate Shines in First Solo Public Engagement
- Photo: Paul Hennessy/Splash News1 of 12
- Photo: BAUER-GRIFFIN/.2 of 12
- Photo: Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Islandpaps //Splash News4 of 12
- Photo: Ian Gavan/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Samir Hussein/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Nick Harvey/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: Michael Dunlea/StarTraks8 of 12
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Tatler/Promotional10 of 12
- Photo: Samir Hussein/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- 'If I Stay' Feels Like 'Fault in Our Stars' Lite and Should WinMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
Duchess Kate doesn't need Prince William by her side to make a splash.
The 30-year-old duchess of Cambridge made her first solo public appearance since marrying into the royal family, attending a preview of Lucian Freud paintings at the National Portrait Gallery in London on Wednesday.
Wearing an affordable gray Jesire dress and 4-inch heels, Kate spoke with photographer Mary McCartney and her daughter, Bella Freud, inside the museum.
The National Portrait Gallery is one of the five causes Kate -- an art history major at St. Andrews University -- officially supports.
Where was her beloved William, 29? The search-and-rescue helicopter pilot is currently deployed more than 7,500 miles away in the Falkland Islands, near South America.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrettiest Ladies
From Crowd Ignite