Duchess Kate Shines in First Solo Public Engagement
- Photo: Paul Hennessy/Splash News1 of 12
- Photo: BAUER-GRIFFIN/.2 of 12
- Photo: Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Islandpaps //Splash News4 of 12
- Photo: Ian Gavan/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Samir Hussein/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Nick Harvey/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: Michael Dunlea/StarTraks8 of 12
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Tatler/Promotional10 of 12
- Photo: Samir Hussein/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Duchess Kate doesn't need Prince William by her side to make a splash.
The 30-year-old duchess of Cambridge made her first solo public appearance since marrying into the royal family, attending a preview of Lucian Freud paintings at the National Portrait Gallery in London on Wednesday.
Wearing an affordable gray Jesire dress and 4-inch heels, Kate spoke with photographer Mary McCartney and her daughter, Bella Freud, inside the museum.
The National Portrait Gallery is one of the five causes Kate -- an art history major at St. Andrews University -- officially supports.
Where was her beloved William, 29? The search-and-rescue helicopter pilot is currently deployed more than 7,500 miles away in the Falkland Islands, near South America.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite