Kate Middleton wears $35 Zara statement necklace at 'Mandela' premiere
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA1 of 14
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA2 of 14
- Photo: WENN/Rex USA3 of 14
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA4 of 14
- Photo: Jesal /Tanna/Splash News5 of 14
- Photo: AP6 of 14
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA7 of 14
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet8 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Jason Bell / Camera Press / Redux/.10 of 14
- Photo: Ian West/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: GettyImages.com12 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Duchess Kate is proof positive that you don't have to spend a million bucks to look like a million bucks. The Duchess of Cambridge stole the show at the U.K. red carpet premiere of "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" on Dec. 5 -- and she did it wearing a gown that was already in her closet and a statement necklace that cost less than $36.
The jewelry -- made up of five rows of clear crystal beads -- is sold at Zara and retails for just 20 pounds, or $35.90. Paired with Kate's cream-colored Roland Mouret "Lombard" dress, however, it looks to be worth much more than that.
Of course, this isn't the first time the 31-year-old duchess has made headlines for her accessible yet stunning style. A known fan of unfussy brands like Zara and ASOS, Prince William's wife is photographed often wearing or buying affordable pieces -- like the $42 ASOS frock and $55 TopShop maternity dress she wore while pregnant.
No doubt royal watchers are already clamoring to get their hands on Kate's Zara necklace. She has become something of a style icon -- after she and Prince William announced their 2010 engagement with an official photo, featuring the gorgeous brunette in a blue Issa wrap dress, copycats rushed to buy the frock for themselves. It sold out in 24 hours and inspired a $130 copycat at Banana Republic just this year.
Sadly, Thursday's red carpet premiere of "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" -- based on the life of Nelson Mandela -- coincided with the death of the former South African president, who had been ill for some time. South African president Jacob Zuma made the announcement that Mandela had "departed." He was 95 years old.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite