Kate Middleton wears $35 Zara statement necklace at 'Mandela' premiere
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA1 of 14
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA2 of 14
- Photo: WENN/Rex USA3 of 14
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA4 of 14
- Photo: Jesal /Tanna/Splash News5 of 14
- Photo: AP6 of 14
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA7 of 14
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet8 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Jason Bell / Camera Press / Redux/.10 of 14
- Photo: Ian West/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: GettyImages.com12 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 14
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
Duchess Kate is proof positive that you don't have to spend a million bucks to look like a million bucks. The Duchess of Cambridge stole the show at the U.K. red carpet premiere of "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" on Dec. 5 -- and she did it wearing a gown that was already in her closet and a statement necklace that cost less than $36.
The jewelry -- made up of five rows of clear crystal beads -- is sold at Zara and retails for just 20 pounds, or $35.90. Paired with Kate's cream-colored Roland Mouret "Lombard" dress, however, it looks to be worth much more than that.
Of course, this isn't the first time the 31-year-old duchess has made headlines for her accessible yet stunning style. A known fan of unfussy brands like Zara and ASOS, Prince William's wife is photographed often wearing or buying affordable pieces -- like the $42 ASOS frock and $55 TopShop maternity dress she wore while pregnant.
No doubt royal watchers are already clamoring to get their hands on Kate's Zara necklace. She has become something of a style icon -- after she and Prince William announced their 2010 engagement with an official photo, featuring the gorgeous brunette in a blue Issa wrap dress, copycats rushed to buy the frock for themselves. It sold out in 24 hours and inspired a $130 copycat at Banana Republic just this year.
Sadly, Thursday's red carpet premiere of "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" -- based on the life of Nelson Mandela -- coincided with the death of the former South African president, who had been ill for some time. South African president Jacob Zuma made the announcement that Mandela had "departed." He was 95 years old.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite