Kate Middleton wears $35 Zara statement necklace at 'Mandela' premiere
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA1 of 14
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA2 of 14
- Photo: WENN/Rex USA3 of 14
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA4 of 14
- Photo: Jesal /Tanna/Splash News5 of 14
- Photo: AP6 of 14
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA7 of 14
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet8 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Jason Bell / Camera Press / Redux/.10 of 14
- Photo: Ian West/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: GettyImages.com12 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Duchess Kate is proof positive that you don't have to spend a million bucks to look like a million bucks. The Duchess of Cambridge stole the show at the U.K. red carpet premiere of "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" on Dec. 5 -- and she did it wearing a gown that was already in her closet and a statement necklace that cost less than $36.
The jewelry -- made up of five rows of clear crystal beads -- is sold at Zara and retails for just 20 pounds, or $35.90. Paired with Kate's cream-colored Roland Mouret "Lombard" dress, however, it looks to be worth much more than that.
Of course, this isn't the first time the 31-year-old duchess has made headlines for her accessible yet stunning style. A known fan of unfussy brands like Zara and ASOS, Prince William's wife is photographed often wearing or buying affordable pieces -- like the $42 ASOS frock and $55 TopShop maternity dress she wore while pregnant.
No doubt royal watchers are already clamoring to get their hands on Kate's Zara necklace. She has become something of a style icon -- after she and Prince William announced their 2010 engagement with an official photo, featuring the gorgeous brunette in a blue Issa wrap dress, copycats rushed to buy the frock for themselves. It sold out in 24 hours and inspired a $130 copycat at Banana Republic just this year.
Sadly, Thursday's red carpet premiere of "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" -- based on the life of Nelson Mandela -- coincided with the death of the former South African president, who had been ill for some time. South African president Jacob Zuma made the announcement that Mandela had "departed." He was 95 years old.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite