Kate Moss: My Breakup With Johnny Depp Involved "Years and Years of Crying!"
Supermodels really are just like Us.
The British beauty opens up in the new issue of Vanity Fair (on stands November 6) about her relationship with the actor, now 49, which began in 1994.
Moss reveals how, as an insecure young model, Depp helped her feel "taken care of."
"There's nobody that's ever really been able to take care of me," she tells the mag. "Johnny did for a bit. I believed what he said. Like if I said, 'What do I do?,' he'd tell me."
When they split for good, "that's what I missed," Moss reveals. "I really lost that gauge of [having] somebody I could trust. [It was a] nightmare. Years and years of crying. Oh, the tears!"
During her chat with VF, Moss -- who is credited with ushering in the controversial "heroin chic" aesthetic -- defends her famously tiny frame.
"I had never even taken heroin -- it was nothing to do with me at all," she explains. "I was thin, but that's because I was doing shows, working really hard. At that time, I was staying at a B and B in Milan. You'd get home from work and there was no food. You'd get to work in the morning, there was no food. Nobody took you out to lunch when I started. [Former model turned French First Lady] Carla Bruni took me out for lunch once. She was really nice. Otherwise, you don't get fed. But I was never anorexic. They knew it wasn't true -- otherwise I wouldn't be able to work."
Now a 38-year-old fashion icon -- and a mom to Lila, 10 -- Moss also discusses how she's put her party girl past behind her, and is set on enjoying a quiet life with husband Jamie Hince, whom she wed in July 2011.
"I don't really go to clubs anymore. I'm actually quite settled," she says. "Living in Highgate with my dog and my husband and my daughter! I'm not a hell-raiser. But don't burst the bubble. Behind closed doors, for sure I'm a hell-raiser."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kate Moss: My Breakup With Johnny Depp Involved "Years and Years of Crying!"
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite