Kate Upton covers Vanity Fair, named model of the year
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vanity Fair1 of 9
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks2 of 9
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: KEN KATZ/StarTraks4 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: MPNC/GSI6 of 9
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: MPNC/GSI8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Hulu Inks Exclusive Deal to Stream Entire 'South Park' Library, Renews 'EMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 3:24:00 PM
- Female Yahoo! Exec Being Sued by Female Subordinate for Sexual HarassmentMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 3:24:00 PM
- Cory Monteith's Father Looks Back on Anniversary of His Son's DeathMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 3:09:00 PM
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Internet Cancellation Hoax Outrages FansMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 2:54:00 PM
- LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian jump into reality TVMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 2:50:32 PM
- Hulu Inks Exclusive Deal to Stream Entire 'South Park' Library, Renews 'E
Happy Birthday, Vanity Fair! To celebrate their 100th anniversary issue, Kate Upton graces the October cover. The 21-year-old Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model channels Marilyn Monroe in white satin lingerie while holding a small cake in one hand. With blond curly hair and red lipstick, Upton poses seductively while leaning over and flaunting her curves.
Famed photographer Annie Leibovitz shot Upton for the cover, which mimics the original Dress & Vanity Fair Oct. 1, 1913, issue. Though it's hard to believe, the gorgeous model tells Vanity Fair that she hasn't always received positive remarks on her appearance.
"I'm not going to name names, but one agency told me, 'You're too American, and everybody knows American women are lazy.' I was so offended!" she recalls. "I've never been so offended! I was like, 'You know that you're in America, right?' And it wasn't 'American models' -- it was 'American women are lazy,' period! I feel like a lot of women would disagree with that. A lot!" (In 2012, Victoria's Secret Fashion Show casting agent Sophia Neophitou told The New York Times that they "would never use" Upton, adding, "She's like a footballer's wife, with the too-blond hair and that kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy.")
Too American or not, Upton's career success continues to soar. She was recently named 2013's Model of the Year at the Style Awards. The 10th annual event, hosted by IMG Fashion, will be held on Wednesday in New York City to kick-off Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez brings the glam while spending time with her fam at Paris Fashion Week on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop about the troubled star on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDad Duty
From Crowd Ignite