Kate Upton covers Vanity Fair, named model of the year
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vanity Fair1 of 9
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks2 of 9
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: KEN KATZ/StarTraks4 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: MPNC/GSI6 of 9
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: MPNC/GSI8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Happy Birthday, Vanity Fair! To celebrate their 100th anniversary issue, Kate Upton graces the October cover. The 21-year-old Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model channels Marilyn Monroe in white satin lingerie while holding a small cake in one hand. With blond curly hair and red lipstick, Upton poses seductively while leaning over and flaunting her curves.
Famed photographer Annie Leibovitz shot Upton for the cover, which mimics the original Dress & Vanity Fair Oct. 1, 1913, issue. Though it's hard to believe, the gorgeous model tells Vanity Fair that she hasn't always received positive remarks on her appearance.
"I'm not going to name names, but one agency told me, 'You're too American, and everybody knows American women are lazy.' I was so offended!" she recalls. "I've never been so offended! I was like, 'You know that you're in America, right?' And it wasn't 'American models' -- it was 'American women are lazy,' period! I feel like a lot of women would disagree with that. A lot!" (In 2012, Victoria's Secret Fashion Show casting agent Sophia Neophitou told The New York Times that they "would never use" Upton, adding, "She's like a footballer's wife, with the too-blond hair and that kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy.")
Too American or not, Upton's career success continues to soar. She was recently named 2013's Model of the Year at the Style Awards. The 10th annual event, hosted by IMG Fashion, will be held on Wednesday in New York City to kick-off Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite