Kate Upton covers Vanity Fair, named model of the year
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vanity Fair1 of 9
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks2 of 9
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: KEN KATZ/StarTraks4 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: MPNC/GSI6 of 9
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: MPNC/GSI8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Happy Birthday, Vanity Fair! To celebrate their 100th anniversary issue, Kate Upton graces the October cover. The 21-year-old Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model channels Marilyn Monroe in white satin lingerie while holding a small cake in one hand. With blond curly hair and red lipstick, Upton poses seductively while leaning over and flaunting her curves.
Famed photographer Annie Leibovitz shot Upton for the cover, which mimics the original Dress & Vanity Fair Oct. 1, 1913, issue. Though it's hard to believe, the gorgeous model tells Vanity Fair that she hasn't always received positive remarks on her appearance.
"I'm not going to name names, but one agency told me, 'You're too American, and everybody knows American women are lazy.' I was so offended!" she recalls. "I've never been so offended! I was like, 'You know that you're in America, right?' And it wasn't 'American models' -- it was 'American women are lazy,' period! I feel like a lot of women would disagree with that. A lot!" (In 2012, Victoria's Secret Fashion Show casting agent Sophia Neophitou told The New York Times that they "would never use" Upton, adding, "She's like a footballer's wife, with the too-blond hair and that kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy.")
Too American or not, Upton's career success continues to soar. She was recently named 2013's Model of the Year at the Style Awards. The 10th annual event, hosted by IMG Fashion, will be held on Wednesday in New York City to kick-off Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite