Kate Upton dating Detroit Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander, couple spends New Year's together
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks2 of 10
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: GQ/Promotional4 of 10
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet8 of 10
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 4:08 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 4:40:15 PM
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theftMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:54:20 PM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' Monologue
Kate Upton and Justin Verlander are letting their actions speak louder than words.
The long-rumored couple spent New Year's together at the Ritz-Carlton on St. Thomas, the New York Post's Page Six reports, confirming one of the worst-kept secrets of 2012.
Upton, 20, and Verlander, 29, soaked up some rays by the pool and went for walks around the resort during their holiday getaway, and an onlooker tells the paper that there was no mistaking the pair's chemistry.
"He keeps a conservative distance, but still you can tell they are dating," the source said.
The Sports Illustrated swimsuit model and her Detroit Tigers pitcher beau have been linked since the summer of 2012 after they hung out together at several Detroit hot spots, including an Aerosmith concert and a local bar.
The pair met while shooting a video game commercial in February 2012.
Upton and Verlander have yet to comment on their reported relationship, though the twosome have been spotted at sporting events together since their initial hangouts.
Luckily for curious fans, however, relatives of both parties involved have been a bit more forthcoming.
"I heard he has been on dates with a Sports Illustrated girl," Verlander's grandfather Richard Verlander Sr. told Celebuzz last October. "I saw a photo. She's beautiful. They make a good-looking pair because he's a good-looking man, too."
Verlander, for his part, had a good-natured reaction to his grandfather’s inadvertent reveal.
"I'm not confirming or denying anything," he told USA Today later that month. "I'll leave that to my grandfather. God bless him ... I never thought I'd have to prepare my grandfather. It's a whole different world. I can't believe that people would call my grandparents. It's tough when people start trying to dig into your personal life."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite