Kris Humphries Was "Absolute Jerk" As a Teen
- Photo: POA/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Andy King/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Andy King/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Ivan Nik/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: D. Salters/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Wonderwall7 of 16
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Steffman/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Brian Prahl/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Brian Prahl/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: PPNY / GSNY/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.12 of 16
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.13 of 16
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.14 of 16
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Chris Christie Won't Miss David Letterman's 'Fat Jokes,' Can&MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 9:05:00 AM
- Grey's Anatomy Exclusive First Look: Grey Sloan Inundated After Possible Terrorist AttackMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Justin Bieber Apologizes for Visiting Tokyo Shrine Honoring War CriminalsMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 8:00:00 AM
- HBO Shows Are Coming to Amazon PrimeMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 7:40:00 AM
- Who Was Named People's "Most Beautiful" Star? MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 6:42:00 AM
- Chris Christie Won't Miss David Letterman's 'Fat Jokes,' Can&
If Kris Humphries hadn't been a jackass, he could've been a Jayhawk!
Before Kim Kardashian's hubby played in the NBA, he was a high school senior being recruited by college basketball teams. Although Humphries, now 26, went on to play for the University of Minnesota, his supposed bad attitude cost him an offer to play for the University of Kansas Jayhawks.
"He really wanted to come here. But no one on the team liked Kris Humphries," former guard Keith Langford wrote in Beyond the Phog: Untold Stories from Kansas Basketball's Most Dominant Decade, as excerpted by Yahoo! Sports. "He was arrogant. He told everyone he was going to come in and be the leading scorer as a freshman and that we'd all have to take a backseat to him."
Langford recalled Humphries being "an absolute jerk" and said the team struggled with their dislike of the Minnesota-native. But Kansas' then-coach, Roy Williams, "was really impressed with [Kris]."
"Kris Humphries was a big deal," Langford added, noting that Williams, who left Kansas in 2003 to coach for the University of North Carolina Tar Heels, "wanted him to commit on his visit."
"But we told him, 'Coach, you can't bring this guy in,'" Langford recalled. "You'd figure Roy would say something like, 'Let's work on him,' or 'Let's give him another chance.' Instead he told Humphries, 'Sorry, you can't come.'"
In addition to the Kansas basketball team, Humphries recently made a bad first impression on his wife's family. During an April get-to-know-you family trip to Bora Bora, the athlete criticized Kourtney, 32, for being a "slave" to her son Mason, 21 months. His constant roughhousing with Kim, 30, also rubbed her sisters the wrong way.
"He's like this weird, big clumsy oaf," a source told Us Weekly. "Kris is getting famous for marrying a Kardashian."
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite