Kris Humphries Was "Absolute Jerk" As a Teen
- Photo: POA/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Andy King/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Andy King/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Ivan Nik/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: D. Salters/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Wonderwall7 of 16
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Steffman/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Brian Prahl/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Brian Prahl/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: PPNY / GSNY/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.12 of 16
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.13 of 16
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.14 of 16
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' MovieMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:20:00 AM
- Body of Proof's Nic Bishop Joins Covert AffairsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:18:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Alan Thicke Reality Sitcom to Get 14-Episode Run on TV Guide NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:56:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex' Casts Keke Palmer for Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:52:00 AM
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' Movie
If Kris Humphries hadn't been a jackass, he could've been a Jayhawk!
Before Kim Kardashian's hubby played in the NBA, he was a high school senior being recruited by college basketball teams. Although Humphries, now 26, went on to play for the University of Minnesota, his supposed bad attitude cost him an offer to play for the University of Kansas Jayhawks.
"He really wanted to come here. But no one on the team liked Kris Humphries," former guard Keith Langford wrote in Beyond the Phog: Untold Stories from Kansas Basketball's Most Dominant Decade, as excerpted by Yahoo! Sports. "He was arrogant. He told everyone he was going to come in and be the leading scorer as a freshman and that we'd all have to take a backseat to him."
Langford recalled Humphries being "an absolute jerk" and said the team struggled with their dislike of the Minnesota-native. But Kansas' then-coach, Roy Williams, "was really impressed with [Kris]."
"Kris Humphries was a big deal," Langford added, noting that Williams, who left Kansas in 2003 to coach for the University of North Carolina Tar Heels, "wanted him to commit on his visit."
"But we told him, 'Coach, you can't bring this guy in,'" Langford recalled. "You'd figure Roy would say something like, 'Let's work on him,' or 'Let's give him another chance.' Instead he told Humphries, 'Sorry, you can't come.'"
In addition to the Kansas basketball team, Humphries recently made a bad first impression on his wife's family. During an April get-to-know-you family trip to Bora Bora, the athlete criticized Kourtney, 32, for being a "slave" to her son Mason, 21 months. His constant roughhousing with Kim, 30, also rubbed her sisters the wrong way.
"He's like this weird, big clumsy oaf," a source told Us Weekly. "Kris is getting famous for marrying a Kardashian."
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite