Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian "Didn't Make a Dime" Off Her Wedding
Mom knows best, but Kris Jenner's also aware that Kim Kardashian is an adult capable of making her own decisions!
In an interview with Johnjay and Rich on Tuesday, Jenner, 55, said it was "of course" news to her when Kardashian filed for divorce from Kris Humphries on Monday after 72 days of marriage.
"Kim had to make a very difficult decision," Jenner told Johnjay and Rich. "But she needed to do that on her own. You know, she's not 5 years old. She's a 30-year-old woman who definitely needs my support right now." (Kardashian actually turned 31 on Oct. 21.) "[But] whatever her decision was at the time, I'm just here to support her as her mom and make sure she's okay today," Jenner said.
"[Kim's] not the first person in the world to get a divorce or have something like this happen to, and she won't be the last," the Kardashian matriarch added. "She just happens to be a very public person with a couple of television shows on the air so it makes it bigger than life."
One rumor Jenner would like to dispel is that her daughter "made millions" off of her two-part wedding special, Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event, that premiered on E! earlier this month.
"She didn't make a dime off of this wedding," Jenner said. "She actually spent millions of dollars on this wedding, so it's not something that she thought would ever not be happily ever after."
But Jenner has no hard feelings towards E!. "We have the most amazing network in the world," she gushed. "They feel so bad for Kim as a person. This is about a human being. It's not about necessarily a television show. They've been so supportive and so wonderful to us."
When asked by Johnjay and Rich whether Kardashian and Humphries, 26, should've tried counseling or working out their issues before calling it quits, Jenner spoke from personal experience. "I met and married Bruce [Jenner] in five months. And it's 20 years later, and we're still going strong," she explained. "Obviously, I feel that way about marriage. It has its ups and downs."
"But Kim felt this was the decision for her," she added. "I can't judge her. I can't speculate for her, I can just love her… It's just a horrible, horrible situation. I feel bad for the kids."
As for the wedding gifts Kim and Humphries received? "I'm sure Kim will make a ginormous donation, as she does all the time anyway, very quietly, to a wonderfully deserving charity or children's hospital or something like that," her mom said.
"People just have to stop judging," Jenner added. "Take a step back. Let Kim do what she needs to do and just be supportive. It's not easy."
- Spike TV's 2013 Guys Choice Awards
- 2013 GLAAD Awards
- 2013 Coachella Hard Rock Lounge
- 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Kids' Choice Awards 2013
- Elton John's Oscar Viewing Bash
- 2013 Grammy Awards
- 2013 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party
- 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards
- 2012 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 'Breaking Dawn: Part 2' Premiere Red Carpet
- 2012 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Video Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- 'The Dictator' London Premiere
- 2012 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
- 2011 MTV Movie Awards
- 2011 Kids' Choice Awards Orange Carpet
- 2011 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Golden Globes NBC After Party Red Carpet
- 2011 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 MTV Video Music Awards White Carpet
- 2010 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- Spike Awards Red Carpet
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- Wango Tango Red Carpet
- Hot Tub Time Machine Red Carpet
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite