Victoria's Secret slams Kylie Bisutti: She was never an 'Angel'
- Photo: Peter Brooker/Rex USA1 of 4
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA2 of 4
- Photo: Erik Pendzich/Rex USA3 of 4
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Victoria's Secret agrees with Kylie Bisutti on one thing -- she's no Angel. The lingerie company has issued a statement in response to the 23-year-old former model's recent accusations in her memoir, "I'm No Angel: From Victoria's Secret Model to Role Model," where she claimed she quit after they made her feel "like a piece of meat."
"Ms. Bisutti has made numerous fabrications and misstatements of fact regarding her brief association with Victoria's Secret," a spokesperson for Victoria's Secret said in a statement to Us Weekly on Friday. "In 2009, Ms. Bisutti won an online amateur modeling competition and hasn't worked for us since that year. The prize for the winning contestant was the unique opportunity to a one-time walk in the 2009 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Ms. Bisutti also participated in a swim photo shoot in 2009. That was the extent of Ms. Bisutti's involvement with Victoria's Secret."
"She was never a Victoria's Secret 'Angel' as defined by the terms of our Angel model contract. And contrary to Ms. Bisutti's claims, she was never offered any subsequent modeling contracts or opportunities with Victoria’s Secret despite her multiple appeals for further work," the statement continued. "She has repeatedly fabricated her work experience with Victoria's Secret -- including a relationship that simply did not exist."
In an interview with the New York Post on Tuesday, Bisutti promoted her forthcoming book by explaining why she decided to quit Victoria's Secret to focus on her relationship with God. "I was being paid to strip down and pose provocatively to titillate men," the married Christian model claimed. "It wasn't about modeling clothes anymore; I felt like a piece of meat."
Bisutti shared specific memories of photo shoots that made her feel uncomfortable and said, "Two years after I won the Angel Search. I realized I didn't want to model anything that sold sex."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite