Lindsay Lohan Gets Back to Work After Scary Car Crash
- Photo: GEVA HGVC/GSI1 of 9
- Photo: ZGLR/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: GEVA HGVC/GSI3 of 9
- Photo: Miguel/CPR/Fame Flynet4 of 9
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 9
- Photo: Brian To/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: GEVA HGVC/GSI7 of 9
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Hulu Plus Scores 'Sleepy Hollow's' Exclusive Streaming RightsMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 2:07:00 PM
- 'Redskins' Banned by Washington Post Editorial PageMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 1:50:00 PM
- 'The Phone Call' Director Mat Kirkby's Next Project Will Make '5MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 1:42:00 PM
- Stephen Gaghan to Direct 'White City' Pilot for AMCMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 1:14:00 PM
- 'Orange Is the New Black' to Bring Lori Petty Back for Season 3MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 12:22:00 PM
- Hulu Plus Scores 'Sleepy Hollow's' Exclusive Streaming Rights
Lindsay Lohan is one lucky -- and resilient -- lady.
Just a few hours after her frightening Friday morning car accident, Lohan, 25, left Santa Monica UCLA hospital to head straight back to work, on the set of Lifetime's "Liz and Dick."
Earlier that day, the actress was rushed to the emergency room after her Porsche was totaled in a scary collision with an 18-wheeler in Santa Monica. Despite the severe damage to her car, Friday afternoon Lohan's rep told Us Weekly the actress was already out of the hospital -- and heading back to set.
"She was released [from the hospital]," her rep said. "She is fine and is already headed to resume work. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured in the accident."
Law enforcement officials made it clear that they were investigating the event as an accident, as neither the "Mean Girls'" star nor the driver of the truck appeared to be driving under the influence. "There were no signs of impairment," Santa Monica Police Sgt. Richard Lewis told Us.
Lohan is currently hard at work filming Liz and Dick, which chronicles Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton's tempestuous, decade-long relationship.
Though Elizabeth Taylor fans initially bemoaned Lifetime's casting choice, Lohan's amazing transformation for the role is generating serious buzz among admirers of the iconic actress.
"We all think she looks amazing as Elizabeth Taylor," Liz and Dick producer Larry A. Thompson raved to Us Friday. "Of course she's nervous, but she wants to prove everything wrong with this one . . . she is working hard and not a diva at all."
As for the remaining Lohan doubters? "I still get emails and calls," Thompson admits. "But I think they'll come around."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite