Maria Shriver Humbled by Post-Split Kindness, Support
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: AN2/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: CD1/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Francis Specker/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to MondMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 8:45:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to Mond
Maria Shriver might have just split with hubby Arnold Schwarzenegger, but the former First Lady of California doesn't feel alone.
She tweeted Friday: "Thank you for all the kindness, support and compassion. I am humbled by the love. Thank you."
The couple's 17-year-old son, Patrick, tweeted Tuesday: "Appreciate all your messages. Small speed bump in life, luckily we own hummers, we will cruise right over it. All will be okay."
The couple released a joint statement on Tuesday announcing their split after 25 years of marriage: "We are continuing to parent our four children together. They are the light and the center of both of our lives. We consider this a private matter and neither we nor any of our friends or family will have further comment. We ask for compassion and respect from the media and the public."
Shriver, 55, met Schwarzenegger, 63, in 1977 at a tennis tournament and married in 1986.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite